Chapter 3

"Don't give me pity when I say this but there is a group of girls at my school that think it is funny to pick at me and hurt me." I say and they look at me and then Michael says, "I hope this doesn't count as pity but, do you want a hug?" and I face palm.

"Only because I like hugs, not because of this situation." I say and he laughs. He gives me a quick hug and then I feel 3 more people join.

"Okay. Nope. That's it." I say and they start laughing, then let go.

I hear a bell come from the door and I see a familiar group of girls.

They seem to have seen me too, because before my eyes they are right in front of the table.

"Look at little miss show-off." Alexis says.

She is kind of tall, has a really nice tan, a pixie cut, and red hair.

"Who are they?" Hannah, Alexis' friend, says.

She is pretty short, nice tan, and medium length blonde ombre hair.

"Probably some 4 boys she hooked up with on the streets." Nicole, another one of Alexis' friend, says.

Nicole is the shortest of all of them, kind of pale, and has middle length blonde hair.

"Actually, we are kind of well-known, and the 'show-off' is helping us out with some stuff." Ashton says sassily.

Calum gets a napkin, and a pen he found on a table and writes down something. I go over his shoulder and read what he is writing.

"Can I see your phone for a second?" Calum asks, while taking her iPhone when she hasn't even replied.

"C'mon guys, let's take a picture." He says and we go for a selfie.

Calum gives Alexis the napkin with '5 Seconds of Summer' written on it and hands back Alexis her phone.

"Search us up." Michael says and we walk out the ice cream parlor.

"Was that the group of girls you were talking about?" Luke asks, and I nod.

"At first, I thought they were kind of hot." Michael says.

"Well then." I say and he laughs.

"I was in love until around the part when they picked on you." Michael adds and I laugh a bit more.

"Well, how in the world are we supposed to get back to my house?" I ask and we all think for a moment, and then laugh.

"Call a taxi?" Luke suggests and I nod, then click on the call button for the contact of the taxi I keep just in case.

I talk to them and then hang up.

"They are on their way." I say and we sit down and wait.

*

"Finally!" I say.

"It was only 5 minutes!" Michael says and everyone laughs.

We walk into the taxi cab, and then we notice not everyone can fit.

"Um... Nat can sit on my lap, and Calum can sit on the floor." Michael says and I blush, and do a little nod.

Michael gets in first, then me, Calum, and finally Luke.

"Where to?" the taxi driver ask and before I can say anything, Ashton replies with,

"Honda."

Oh, okay. I guess when they say they would get me a new car, they meant now.

We wait in the cab, and Calum looks a bit annoyed because the taxi driver seems to like classical music, since that is the only thing that plays on the radio.