❧𝟗. 𝐖𝐚𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐢𝐛𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐬

"Hey, Soobin!"
Huening Kai said excitedly. Soobin looked over and found an excited boy sitting in front of a piano. Soobin widened his eyes and rushed over to him.

"Stop, we'll get in trouble."
Soobin warned.

"What's your favorite song, hyung?" Huening Kai smiled at him, ignoring his comment. Soobin was heartedly worried still he wanted to see if Huening Kai could really play the piano or just make a fool out of himself. So he folded his arms over his chest, observing the other carefully.

"Play what you know."
Huening Kai nodded, placing his hands onto the keys.

So...what should he play, he debated in his head. Its been so long since he's touched a piano, he hoped he wouldn't mess up. The perfect song popped in his head and slowly he pressed down on the piano keys, letting out a tune. A beautiful sound, one Soobin has never heard flooded the room. The noise was so gentle yet loud, the sound of crystalline bells and croaks of a crow mixed into one beautiful mess. Kai's fingers seemed to float in between every white key to the dark black ones. Soobin slowly walked closer to Huening Kai, afraid if he rushed, if this was a dream and one wrong step would waver the music. He sat next to the boy, whos whole body seemed to sway to the music. Soobin has never seen anything like this, how mesmerizing Huening Kai looked, how pretty his hands were, how focused he was. Soobin wanted to paint huening Kai and hand up the painting in a museum but nothing could ever capture this moment as it was, not even him.

Kai felt shy once Soobin sat next to him, he could feel the others stare on him. He wanted to rush through the song but instead, he focused himself more in an attempt to ignore the amazed boy next to him. Then when Kai's fingers finally stopped, the silence cut through the room and soobin smiled widely. The kind of smile Huening kai has never seen. He laughed feeling awkward.

"You're amazing!"
Soobin exclaimed. Huening Kai not being used to all the compliments continued laughing.

"Of course I am, I'm a prince."

"Oh, your highness I didn't know you were so talented!"
Soobin said jokingly.

"Yes, you are very talented!"
The girl that worked at the coffee shop had been watching Huening Kai.

"Thank you."
Huening Kai said.

"This may seem a little weird to ask but...can you work here?"
Soobin widened his eyes at what the girl had said, Kai not understanding what she meant had no reaction.

"What do you mean by this?"
Huening Kai questioned.

"Well, it would be amazing if you could come here and play the piano for us!"
The girl said reassuringly. If he said yes, It would be amazing for her family. The coffee shop wasn't very popular and having someone who can attract costumers would help a lot.

"Huening the rain stopped, we should go!"
Soobin grabbed Huening Kai's arm, indicating he wanted to leave.

"but-"
The girl said confused.

"We will think about your offer but we have to go now!"
Soobin smiled, pulling himself and Kai out the door. The girl simply waved at them.
Soobin walked hurridly still holding onto huening kai s arm.

"Why did you rush us out of there?" Huening Kai questioned.

"Shhh"
Soobin put his finger over his lips, telling huening kai to stop talking.

⬫⬫⬫

Now at the front door of Soobin's house, Huening Kai was still confused. He wondered what the girl was trying to say, he didn't understand.

"Will you tell me n-"

"Shh!"
Soobin shushed the boy again but this time he wouldn't stay quiet.

"STOP TELLING M-"
Huening Kai was interrupted again when Soobin put his hand over his mouth.

"I think someone is in the house." Soobin whispered. Soobin searched for his keys quietly, attempting to open the door. His hands shook a little while trying to put the key on the keyhole. To Huening Kai this was a dumb idea, if someone actually was inside why would the go in. Slowly Soobin opened the door, letting out a creek as both of the boys closed their eyes and waited something to happen.

"Soobin!"
The voice of a woman spoke. She came over and embraced him tightly. Finally, Soobin opened his eyes, to find his beautiful mother hugging him and his father standing at the entrance of the door, staring at them. They were finally back, Soobins parents had finally returned after their long business trip.

"I see you've brought someone home!" Soobin's father pointed out with a smile. Huening Kai stared at them awkwardly, balancing from one foot to the other. He supposed these were Soobins parents, they seemed friendly.

"Oh, this is Huening Kai."
Soobin said. He now worried, how was he supposed to explain who he was and that's he had been staying in their house all this time.

"I'm glad you've found someone new!" Soobin's mother said excitedly. Before Soobin could say anything, his parents dragged Huening Kai in, bombarding him with questions.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♥

A/N

if you're reading this, thank you so much for taking time out of your day, i really appreciate it. :))
i'm an awful writer so please bear with me, i'm trying my best. To the ones that have been voting, thank you so so much, it really encourages me to keep writing!!!
i love you <333