❧𝟐𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧

The next morning all the boys sat down to enjoy their breakfast, the lack of sleep finally sinking into their little brains. Although Taehyun was wide awake, he was still thinking about the conversation he had with soobin a few days ago. He marbled his thoughts in his head, whether he should make them known or not.

"Soobs, can we talk?"
Taehyun spoke.
Soobin blinked a few times, a little surprised but nodded.

They went to a different place where they wouldn't be heard.
It was time for him to say what was on his mind because if he never did then nothing would ever happen.

"Soobin you know I care a lot  about you and want the best for you, right?"
Taehyun said.

"Yes..."

"...But what is best for you?"

"huh?"
Soobin said confused at Taehyun's words.
Taehyun was like a riddle, or he knew the riddle or the riddle knew him?? Either way, Taehyun was the kind of person who knew things before others did, he was quite clever and thoughtful. However, he made things harder for the ones who weren't. Taehyun and his thinking games.

"Just say what you need to say Tae, it's too early for this."
Soobin groaned.

"Why do I always have to solve everything for you?"
Taehyun whined in annoyance.

"Taehyun my pancakes are getting cold."
Soobin sighed.

"Choi Soobin, I know you like Huening kai."
Taehyun blurted out, he was now fed up with his own riddle games.

"What! No I don't, he's just a frie-"

"He's your soulmate soobin, when will you come to terms with that. You're hurting him. You've completely disregarded his feelings and did whatever you wanted."

"What are you saying?"

"Soobin I saw the way you acted last night after that kiss."

"it meant nothing to me!"

"You're lying to yourself."

"Why are you saying this to me, you and your stupid games! Do I look like I'm having fun?"
Soobin took a deep sigh.
He wasn't in control of his own feelings and now he was being bombarded with all these questions that irritated him.

"I'll be straight forward then. Why were you so upset when Huening got that phone call?"

"cause I've always told him the truth about everything and he was clearly lying to my face. i told you this already."
Soobin gulped.

"is that really it?"
Taehyun asked. Soobin nodded with a bit of uncertainty.

"You know he loves you Soobin..."
Taehyun sighed.

"No he doesn't."
Soobin scoffed.

"If he didn't he wouldn't be here right now, he'd be long gone...although there could be ulterior motives to his stay but I don't believe he's that kind of person."
Taehyun explained.

"I think...there's more then what you're telling me Soobin. You know I have a keen eye right?"
Taehyun wanted Soobin to admit the feelings himself but it was no use trying. The boy was stubborn and clueless.

"I don't know anymore Taehyun, I just don't want to get hurt."

"Hurt is the last thing you'll be. If you keep suppressing everything, you'll never be happy."
Taehyun sighed.

"Look I know you're still not ready but let me tell you something I've noticed. You've changed since Kai came into your life, you know it. The day kai got lost you were worried sick, i've never seen you like that...
You're afraid something will happen to him, that's why you get mad when he does anything risky...because you love him. You tease him because you love him. You made Kai you're punching bag because he makes you feel safe. And I understand he's your 'friend' but you don't look at your friends like they're a piece of candy."
Taehyun was being serious about every word that came out of his mouth. He had already seen Soobin go through the worst because he loved the wrong person and now he wouldn't let that happen again.
Soobin stayed silent. Last night...he wanted it to be just a kiss, just huening kai but because it was huening kai, he couldn't stop thinking about it.

"...i was in denial about everything...hoping it would go away but it obviously hasn't. Hyuka deserves someone better not someone like me.
Yes, I like him but i shouldn't."

"Soobin don't say those things about yourself. He likes you too, I'm sure of it."

"but that girl..."

"He's gay soobin, so gay. I'm a gay expert...also that's probably why his father cursed him. It probably had nothing to do with that true love bullshit."
Taehyun chuckled.

In his head it made perfect sense, back then were other times. Being gay wasn't allowed and was seen as a crime, Huening kai's father probably noticed something and decided the only way to get rid of the problem was by hexing his own son.
Obviously it didn't work.

"I don't get it."
Soobin shook his head confused.

"Think about it soobin. Millions of people touched his had, girls in majority. And it was said only his soulmate could undo the curse, if he was straight then his soulmate would have been a girl."
Taehyun illustrated.

"Taehyun you're a genius and i hate you."

"I know I am. Whatever his sexuality is, it doesn't matter because he likes you. So now it's up to you to do something."

"Why me?"

"He's been waiting for you this whole time, soobin."
Taehyun groaned as if it was the most obvious thing ever. Soobin was still confused.

"For me??"
Soobin questioned in a high pitched voice.

"Have you ever heard of the horn of gabriel?"

"No, taehyun i'm not a nerd like you."
Soobin giggled.

"He's an angel. When he blows his horn it's judgement day, the end of time. Don't let that day come before you finally get the courage to speak."
Taehyun warned.

"Are you calling me a coward?"

"There's a specific time for a specific thing, once that moment is gone, you'll never get it back."

⬫⬫⬫

Huening Kai and soobin sat all day laying around and watching movies, just like they had for the past few days. It was January 4th, just a day before the new moon. And this is exactly how Kai wanted to enjoy his last day, next to the person who he loved the most. He was happy, he got to experience all these new things, look at new places, meet new people.

"Hyuka?"
Soobin whispered.

"Yes soobin?"
Kai replied.

"...you're really handsome."

"thank you, i guess."
Huening kai blushed. Soobin was clearly sleepy and sputtering nonsense.

"Soobin?"

"yeah?"

"I love you."

"Soobin?"
He looked over to find the other sound asleep. He smiled, how could someone look so beautiful while they're sleeping.

"Goodbye bunny, i love you."
He slowly slipped himself out of Soobin's tight grip.

It was time to go, he had truly enjoyed every minute he had spent with Soobin. He wrote Soobin a letter to show his appreciation and he hoped Soobin would treasure it. Now he would walk away and not look back, because if he did he'd never be able to leave.

-----------------------------------------
A/N
just wanted to promote my new story haha it's not sookai but i hope you will still support it :) have a nice day/night <3

----------------------------------------- ♡A/Njust wanted to promote my new story haha it's not sookai but i hope you will still support it :) have a nice day/night <3