Lilies & Breakdowns

Butters is a mess, again. But more than before because now he's sure that Kenny's asked him on a date.

The actual date is two days away but Butters is still a mess.

He decides to pay Tweek a visit that night, just to vent. Tweek is a surprisingly good listener and Butters doesn't mind when Tweek has something on his mind and needs to get it out either. Butters has never minded his twitches particularly much either.

This particular night is a bit different though. Butters has his head on the table before Tweek's even done making them coffee.

Tweek slides the cup towards him, going "oof, bad night?"

Butters shakes his head. "No, good. Too good."

Tweek raises his eyebrows, "does it have something to do with Kenny?"

Butters nods.

" Oh god , Butters? Did you-?"

Butters look up at him, stricken. "N-No!" Butters notices how calm Tweek usually is at this time. Maybe it's because it's just them or for some other reason, but he's barely twitching anyway.

"So what happened? Ngh - I saw you with Kenny here earlier."

"I thought we were on a date."

"You thought ?"

"Yep, it wasn't."

Butters lifts his head slightly, seeing Tweek's furrow, like he can't figure out how Butters mind works at all. Butters laughs quietly to himself because he can't figure out how Tweek's mind operates. "And you're happy about that?"

Butters lifted his head fully, letting it rest on his closed fist. "Yep, he asked me out on an actual date when he found out I thought it was one."

Tweek shakes his head. "Ugh, how do you deal with shit like that. I could - ngh - never, man!"'

Butters laughs, looking to his side at the big window. It's nighttime, maybe somewhere around 2 am, though he's not sure. What he is sure of however, is that he's growing sleepy but he feels a little too giddy to go to bed. "I know." He drinks his coffee to wake him up slightly.

"So you've given up on finding your soulmate?" Tweek asks and Butters taps his coffeecup because, no , no he's not.

"Uh- I don't think so," he shakes his head. "I've just kind of accepted that I'm probably never going to find them." He sighs. "I mean- jeez, what if it was that Jolene kid that moved away in kindergarten? Or any of those other kids that moved away before that- I'll probably never find them. I- I like Kenny y'know? He's kind and caring and probably the most hardworking person in all of South Park and he understands me, I think. It's just- I don't know. I like him."

Tweek gives him a warming smile. "Hey man, no skin off my back if you do. I - ngh - get it. People say Craig's an asshole but he's my asshole. I wouldn't have cared if you liked Cartman."

Butters flips his head around to look at Tweek so fast and hard he almost gets whiplash, "Eric?!" he exclaims as quietly as he can although he's not sure why, it's later than midnight and the town's basically dead at this point. Not that anyone would care even if it wasn't.

Tweek laughs, showing off his crooked smile. "I didn't mean you did. Just an example. I meant like I don't care who you like, as long as they treat you well, which ah- I doubt he would but I think you get the point."

Butters flushes, embarrassed and slightly grossed out. He sticks his tongue out in disgust, "ew, he wouldn't he'd be like ' ey, get this b-word off of me ' if I ever tried anything." He does his best Eric Cartman impression. "But I wouldn't because that's disgusting and gross and ew."