Chapter 2: New Beginnings

Kayleigh's P.O.V

"Bestfriend , I know I know but I have to expand my horizon , I'll never get to be who I wanna be in this little town " I said to Layla as I continued packing my bags .

Layla sighs " I understand , I know Atlanta has a lot of opportunities for you , but how exactly will you be helping this school out " . She giggles

" Well my aunt has been calling for months telling me I'd have a more promising future in Atalanta and she has a free room for me there , So I started looking around at schools and noticed that Atlanta has a lot of failing students and the graduation rate isn't high , so I got into contact with one of the most failing schools principal and she promised to help me start this club which when then turn into way bigger things " She smiles as she sits down on her bed next to Layla .

" So basically you're going to a ghetto school to start a program , Man good luck make sure you find you a lil boo there I heard the hood niggas is where it's at " she laughs as she nudges Kayleigh's shoulder .

" That won't be my concern , I'm just trying to make a change in the black community and I feel like me starting this organization in school will really get me the head start I need "

" Well best friend you know I believe in you , let's finish packing these bags and get you sent off  "

*Kayleigh and Layla finish packaging the bags and head into her moms living room to wait on Kayleigh's aunt*

"Mom you haven't said much about today , I know this is a big change for you but I still hope you support it " says Kayleigh

" Oh baby you know mama supports any and everything you do , Its just such a big change for the both of us , i know you dad would be so proud of you " .

Layla jumps in " Well Ms.Linda I'll still be right down the street don't be too upset now "

*Layla initiated a group hug , everybody comes in but soon they release as they hear a knock on the door *

" Must be Aunt Brenda " Kayleigh's smiles and wipes her know visible tears as she walks to open the door

"Heyyyy Aunt Brenda I've missed you so much "

" Hey baby I'm so excited to have you come stay with me you know it's get boring in the big house with nobody but me and them dogs "

*Everybody laughs in unison*

" I just knew your auntie was that rich single auntie with no kids " Layla says .

" Hey sis , I thank you so much for contributing to Kayleigh's goal and giving her a place to stay , You just don't know how much this means to the both of us " says Kayleigh's mom .

" No problem at all , not to cut this moment short but Kayleigh has school tommorow and this ride from Atalanta to Kentucky was no joke and we need to get going " says Aunt Brenda .

" Ooh of course , come on Layla let's help them put the bags in the car " says Kayleigh mom .

* Layla nods and she and everybody else heads out to the car and puts the bags in the car . Everybody comes in for one last group hug "

" Stay in contact bestfriend , I already miss you " Says Layla as she breaks away from the hug .

" I'll call you every chance I get " Kayleigh smiles as she hops in the passenger seat , buckling her seatbelt " .

*Kayleigh looks out the window at what she use to call home , hoping that this would go the way she planned out in her head with no distractions " .