Chapter 3: Northside High

Roderick P.O.V/7:15 Am

" Damn bro this is the first you've been on time in years " Jeremiah says as Roderick walks into 1stpd .

" Nigga shut up probably the first and last time honestly " Says Roderick as him and Jeremiah both laugh .

" Goodmorning scholars today is expected to another productive day at Newberry High School , I hope you all are having a wonderful morning and have had a wonderful weekend " Says Principal Brown .

" She like productive she know we don't do shit in these classes " . Both Roderick & Jeremiah laugh .

" In other news , We have a new club starting soon I don't wanna give away to many details but basically the club is to help our failing students and match them up with our top students . The top students have already been selected now it's just time for anybody who needs helps to sign up " .

"Nigga you need to sign up , I already know you failing " Jeremiah says to Roderick while busting out laughing .

" The interest meeting will be tomorrow at 3:30pm in the library be there you guys , have a nice day " .

" But nah Fr ian joining that shit it's waste of time bro " says Roderick .
*************************************************
                          Kayleigh's P.O.V
" Late on my first day , dang auntie you can't be having me late like this " says Kayleigh to Aunt Brenda .

" Ooh girl hush I was late everyday and look at me still rich " says Aunt Brenda .

* They both laugh as they pull up to the school parking lot *

" See shit everybody late " Aunt Brenda says as she points to the parking lot filled with kids .

" I know tete , but I got to be better than everybody else " .

" I know that's right baby , you need me to walk you to class " Aunt Brenda asks .

* Kayleigh laughs*

" Yea no I'm definitely to old for that and plus I have to go to the principals office to talk about how I'm going to do everything and she going to get my classes together and you know we're going to talk about my club more " .

" Well thats great baby , you know auntie love you Ill be back up here at 2:15 " .

" Okay love you too "

*Kayleigh walks to the entrance and thinks to herself*

" Everybody looks so different here shit everything looks so different more vibrant , This place has so much potential . And I really don't know where the hell im going but imma figure it out " .

*After 5 minutes Kayleigh finds her way to the principals office and knocks on the door*

" Come on  in sweetie " Dr brown says expecting Kayleigh's presence .

*Kayleighs walks into Dr browns office and sits down in the seat in from of her and observes her surrounding*

" Hello Mrs.Brown I'm so excited to be here and have this opportunity " Kayleigh smiles while saying .

" Well thank you Kayleigh your just such an amazing young lady and I'm honored to have you here , nobody has every tried to step up like this and I honestly don't know how this school grades have gotten so out of control " says Mrs.Brown while wiping her eyes before a tear shed .

*Kayleigh smiles*

" I wanted to just let you know if you didn't mind , I would be suggesting some students to your club "

*Kayleigh nods*

"Hmm tell me more "

"Well Kayleigh I feel like it's a few kids at Northside that I feel like have soooo much potential but have became a product of their environment . I definitely feel like some are far gone but others just need a little push and i feel like you can get to them better than I can " Says mrs.Brown .

" Believe me I will do my absolute best " says Kayleigh .

"Well if you don't mind I've already printed out some flyers and interest sheets to give to the people I've selected and after this it's is all up to you and by the way here's your schedule " Mrs.Brown says as she scrambles around her desk .

*Kayleigh grabs the paper looking at her classes which where all honor and AP classes "

" You can take a minute to review that while I call the first student in to inform them about the program " says Mrs.Brown .

* Kayleigh nods and looks down as Mrs.brown gets up and holds a button on the wall *

"Hello Ms.Peterson can I please see Roderick Moore in my office if he's here yet " .

* Kayleigh giggles while she still looks down at her schedule *

"Yes he's actually here's today , he's on his way now "  .

*Kayleigh gets up and gives Mrs.Brown a hug as she hears a knock on the door *

" Get the door for me sweetheart " Mrs.Brown ask Kayleigh .

*She nods and opens the door to see Roderick and her eyes get big

"Whewwwww shit this nigga is sexy as hell , I gotta go home and tell Layla about him or not , my goal isn't a boyfriend and after I explain what he look like to her she definitely gone encourage me to go at it " Kayleigh thinks to herself as she stands in the door while her and Roderick have a stare down .