Chapter 5

-Gift or Giver-

A week had passed and the festival's over.  Amida and Mizuki were back to there regular chores and Hitoshi had gone fishing.

It has been a long time since Mizuki had some training and now she's working on a new jutsu which Amida had taught her.

"Concentrate your chakra on your palm and visualize it on your mind."

"Okay."

She held out her hand and did the signs. Then she shouted:

"Water style:" "Water Dragon Jutsu"

After the tenth time of doing the signs and concentration she finally did it.

"Yessss!!!"

Amida was nodding her head as she saw her jumping up and down.

"Alright kid, again!"

"Hai!"

......

.......

..........

After three hours of training Mizuki was panting and breathing hard...

"Wait...(pant) I'm so...(pant) I can't..."

"What? It's just three hours and your already tired? When I was on your age I can do it three straight days..."

"What? That's ridiculous! Can't you see I'm almost drained?"

"Yes. That's because your stamina is low and your body can't keep up with your mind."

'I wonder... It took me three days to master that jutsu and it only took her three hours. This is really remarkable. It only means she's got more power up her sleeves only waiting to be discovered...'

Amida thought to herself as she looked on Mizuki lying lazily on the ground.  She walked beside her and shook her gently.

"You lazy girl...get up. Were not yet finished. We still have time to master another technique before sunset so quit whining and start training."

Mizuki kept her eyes closed and was about to fall asleep when Amida raised her staff to hit her on the head and...

"Aha... do you think I'm sleeping?"

Mizuki had caught the staff with both her hands right before it hit her hair. She didn't even opened her eyes and she remained lying when Amida kicked her side but she was able to dodge. She jumped on her feet three steps away as Amida continued attacking her with punches while she dodged all of it, without opening her eyes...

'Good, her reflexes are improving and her strength is back again.'

"Good job Mizuki. I see you've improved."

Hitoshi had just arrived and was leaning on the porch as he watched her train with her mother.

"That's a wrap for today. I bought some crab dumplings. Let's eat now before it gets cold."