Chapter Fourteen

= Camilla =

I was shocked. Shocked is an understatement of course. I was dumbfounded. Why would he bring Vivian here if he knew that everyone knew he was married? This was scandalous! Tabloids and the paparazzi would feast on this news and begin to twist up stories. I bet that tomorrow there would be a headline saying,

PRINCE BLAKE HAVING AN AFFAIR? THE END OF THE ROYALS!

Holy pepperoni! I bet I wouldn't live to see another sunrise if that happened! Reporters would begin to flood into the palace grounds and would feed on the juicy details of betrayal.

I glanced at the king and queen, then flinched. They were pissed. You could see it on their faces. The king's face was blotched red with fury and embarrassment. Diana's face full of shock and disappointment. Everyone stared silently as Vivian absorbed the attention she received. Blake's face was expressionless. His face was cold and seemed to be unapproachable to anyone who tried to come forward.

It felt like an eternity as they walked down those marbled steps. Vivian's pointed heels echoed throughout the room with every step. Whispered gossips had began to spread, and that seemed to snap whatever world the king, Xander, and Diana had been for the past, minute? It felt like forever! They both held their breaths as Blake and Vivian stepped towards us.

"Good evening your highnesses," Vivian greeted as she bowed to Xander and Diana. Her voice was soft, but it seemed forced, as if she were anything but soft and cuddly.

"Likewise," Xander said sternly as Diana held onto his arm in comfort. He placed his hand on hers and gripped it with equal measure.

"Tonight's party is quite lovely," she said, unknowing about the brewing tension that was being passed around this small circle.

"Yes. It is. I hope you are enjoying your night thus far?" Diana said, a small smile plastered onto her face.

"Yes I am, actually. Who wouldn't enjoy such a glorious event such as this one?"

The king and queen flinched, and Blake's expression was still... expressionless. What are you thinking Blake?

"Oh, please excuse my rudeness. Let me introduce you to Blake's wife, Camilla Barnes-Royal," Diana said as she pulled me closer to her.

"Good evening," I said.

That was when her face morphed into something else. Not entirely, but her eyes told a different story. Her lips formed a small frown and then changed back into a big smile.

"Hello Camilla. It's so nice to finally meet you! I'm Vivian, a very close friend of Blake's. We've been good friends since we were younger. But it's like weave known each other forever," she said, smirking as she did so.

I chuckled awkwardly. "That's amazing. I admire your strong bond together that has remained true for so long."

She smirked. "Thank you. And strong it is, because it will remain that way forever."

We both giggled awkwardly, the tension continuing to increase the more words that come out of her mouth.

"So, how long have you been married?"

"About a few months now."

She gasped. "That short? Aren't you worried?"

I rose a brow. "Worried? For what?"

She giggled toxically. "Why, of other women of course. Blakey here is very popular with the ladies. Aren't you afraid of having someone steal him away from you?"

"Viv-"

"It's fine Blakey. Camilla here doesn't mind. Do you Millie?" She asked. I knew that this was a challenge that she is secretly posing in front of my in laws and Blake. But I won't let her treat me this way. Even if Blake and I don't share that sort of relationship together. It's still very fragile.

"Of course I don't mind. And no, I'm not very afraid of him leaving me. Whatever he decides to do, I would support him. That is what wives do for their husbands. They trust them until they think otherwise. Besides, I don't believe Blake has a reason to leave. After all, we were together in such a short time, we haven't gotten the chance to get to know each other yet."

Her smirk began to fade, and her smile became much more noticeable in terms of force. Her lips twitched in annoyance.

"Oh dear, then I hope you guys would get to know plenty about one another. Maybe about how your past would be affecting your future. Positively of course. We wouldn't want any secrets from-"

"Vivian, enough," Blake said coldly.

She gasped. "W-why, I mean nothing rude about what I said. I was just saying that you two shouldn't keep any secrets about your relation-"

"We will get to that when we do. Please don't meddle in our business. It's the for the best."

Her lips began to tremble slightly, eyes becoming glassy with fresh tears.

"Well, I see how this is going to be. I wish you both the best," she said as she glared fiercely at me then turned to Xander and Diana to give a slight bow before running off.

"Wait, Viv!"

Before any of us could blink, Blake ran off to chase after Vivian as everyone in the room watched him leave his broken-hearted wive behind.