Part 3

ECHO

Echo has been standing here for the last 20 mins wondering what exactly she was trying to do. Sure she wanted her phone back and a good Starbucks but she still had no idea why she felt.....like this. Whatever this is. Was she nervous or something she didn't know.

Having been standing in this place since 9:45 in the damn morning, she needed a coffee. Now or she was gonna fall asleep right there. So she found her thoughts drifting to Caius.

She has been going to see him every day since he came back and that has made the last few months bliss compared to the "great depression" as everyone called it. She couldn't say they were wrong, she had been unnaturally quiet, barely talked and ate, spent to much time in bed alone and crying mostly.

If anyone noticed the great change that has occurred of her going from that to her natural way of living, they didn't say. Though they most certainly were confused and probably wondered where she ran of to everyday. Not that they said anything likely because Ala told them not to.

She was wondering of all the things she would do with Caius today when a car honked a pulled her out of her thoughts. She looked over and saw a damn black BMW pull over.

She looked over at it with annoyance but her expression quickly turned into shock and surprise. And so many other emotions came crashing into her when she saw who exactly climbed out of the car.

She stood there staring, mouth open as the girl looked around. She had changed her hair color, had different eye color than before, likely changed it. But Echo had seen her like this before too. She never forgot it, never will. That face. Memories came flooding back, good and bad and the worst one clear in her mind, of the last time she had seen the people she still held so dear to her heart for years as  they did.

The girl looked over at her, past her but then quickly back to her. She too mirrored her expression. As well as the tears threatening to fall from both their eyes.

Echo let them fall as she saw the one person she had never thought would get to see ever again.