Part 4

ESTELLE

When Estelle had sent that message to meet up the next day, she didn't anything of it. Just that she would meet the girl, exchange phones, get a drink and leave.

But when she got out of her car the next morning, she had not expected this. She had never expected this to ever happen.

When she saw that face, she knew one thing for sure. Things were about to get interesting.

She got a glimpse of that face and that was it. All the memories she had tried to shove away broke down the door she had kept them behind, locked for ages, and came barrelling into her mind.

And she could do nothing as tears ran down her face. Nothing to stop them.

The girl-No. Echo. Her friend. One of her dearest friends she always and will always keep close to her heart.

When she saw her crying with the same expression she likely had on her face, Estelle took a step forward and reached her, grabbed her hand and got her inside the car. If they were gonna cry for heavens knew how long, best not make a scene.

She got her into the passenger seat and then, the second she closed the door of the drovers seat, Echo wrapped her arms around her and embraced her. She didn't say a word as she returned the gestured and then they both stayed that way, silent tears falling down their eyes.

..................................

It felt like hours later that they finally pulled apart. Neither said a word. They just silently wiped at their tears, looked at each other and laughed. Not really knowing why. Maybe because they never really cried often when they were together. When they all were together and... No. She wouldn't think about it now.

She looked at Echo. She looked the same as she always did and as beautiful and perfect as ever, except....

"What the hell did you do to your hair?"

Echo looked over, raised a perfect brow at her and said,"Me? Seriously? The only thing I did was dye out the ombre or blonde tips or whatever you guys called it. But you decided to change the entire coulour - no colours and not only that your eyes too."

Well, that's Echo for ya.

Estelle chuckled,"Well I'm so sorry but having rainbow hair and eyes isn't exactly normal."

She scofffed,"you're tellin' me." But she looked over and smiled. She couldn't help but smile back. "But we have a lot to talk about you know. A lot has happened."

She smiled but Echo went on and said, "but right now I have to find this girl I ran into yesterday and exchange our phones." She pulled out a phone from her pocket and Estelle laughed at the irony.

Echo looked over confused but then laughed along as she pulled out a phone herself. What were the odds.

"Well then, seems like I owe you a drink." Echo grinned.

Estelle started the car and pulled into the drive thru. They ordered their drinks as well as a bit to eat since neither had a single bit to eat since the morning. While they waited, she asked Echo what her plans for the day were.