9.

With the window rolled down, Angel was looking at the road and her mind was far away, she didn't feel when the taxi stopped next to her building.

"We had arrived, miss." the driver said.

"Thank you," Angel said back to him while handing him his fare.

"A long day," Angel mumbled. It was the first time she entered her department since this morning when she was with Elijah.

When she saw her blanket still on the couch, she remembered when he was here this morning.

Their talk comes to her mind and a small smile appears not about the subject but about what he did.

"I lived alone for as much as I remembered, my life was so empty from people and feelings, Elijah." She paused "growing up alone was not easy, growing up without a family to lay your back on, you know what it feels like to come home to no one waiting for you?" He held her right hand and his eyes never left her face.

Elijah wants Angel to talk about what's inside her because when people keep what hurts them the most, it destroys anyone even the strongest and he doesn't want that to happen to her.

"I remember once when I was in the third grade, a teacher at my school slapped me on my cheek so hard because she saw me dancing in her class and not paying attention to her." A fake smile appeared on Angel's face while she was talking.

"I can remember the feeling of every moment of that day when I arrived at the house and went to my room, there was no one up, everyone was asleep and five other girls were sleeping in the same room as mine but no one cared, my pillow didn't dry from tears that night," her cheeks were burned red while she was telling him, "Those small details killed me every time I remember them, it may seem not important to many but for me it was everything," She said while holding her left hand to her chest "Just remembering that hurts" She continued. Angel snapped from her thoughts and went back to her room to rest after the long day she had.

Julian went through his phone and he started at Angel's number for a while now. It was after midnight and he didn't know what to do. Should he call her? or not, he had no idea whether she's asleep or on shift.

He gets up from his hammock chair with a cigarette and a glass of whiskey in his hand. Anger and aversion were flashed from his eyes, Every time he remembered seeing them together he didn't like the idea of it, a lot of questions he should have asked Elijah about. "I'm going this time," he mumbled.

"I'm going this time." Charlotte texted Angel in excitement, "When?" Angel asked with a rigid face, "Tonight" Charlotte was so happy with her decision, Angel could feel that even in her texts.

She put her phone down when her emergency device rang and went back to the ER.

"True love comes naturally, It's never forced," Angel remembered reading this quote somewhere. It suits Charlotte and Julian's situation, she is in trouble this time she could feel it.

Charlotte got in her car and started it, heading to Julian's restaurant, she wore a short red silk dress with her hair up in a ponytail. "She looks gorgeous" Angel mumbled looking at the selfie Charlotte just sent to her.

"I hope her night goes well," She said to herself again and texted her "Have a great night Lotte". Angel went back to her patient, finishing his eyebrows stitches "Be careful next time, sir" She smiled at him, "I hope I will, thanks Dr." He thanked her.

Angel's night was almost over, It was about 10:00 PM and still no new text from Charlotte, "Maybe she's having a good time with him." Angel thinks. "How are you, Angel?" A voice comes from behind, Angel turns with a fast move, the voice scares her, it just comes out from nowhere.