Chapter two: God's tongue vs the combining chef part 2

Erina:" I'm going to ask you two again... Do you really want to take my exam?" She asked.

Soma was the first to respond with a smile before throwing the knife in her hand into the air.

Soma:" Well I mean... I just have to make something that tastes good right?" She asked as she caught the knife.

Soma:" Of course I'll take it. "

Y/n:" Well then I can't back down either... My master's pride would be tarnished if I quit. " He said smiling running a hand through his hair.

Erina looked at the two shocked before her gaze narrowed.

But before anything else could be said Y/n had already set his suitcase to the side and opened it pulling out a few cooking utensils. But the oddest item he grabbed was a muffin tray.

Erina:"... Kenpachi?" She said raising an eyebrow.

As soon as she said this Y/n turned quickly towards her.

Y/n:" Yes... That is my last name. " He said nodding.

Erina:" Would you happen to know a Rumi Kenpachi?"

Y/n:" I would hope I know my own grandmother's name." He said sarcastically.

Erina:"... This might be a little interesting after all."

Soma:" What do you mean by that?" She asked looking from one to the other with a confused look on her face.

Y/n:" My family runs a few high-end restaurants... And my grandmother was known to be one of the best chefs in her time. " He explained shaking his head with a sigh.

Soma:" You're a rich boy like the others?"

Y/n:" No. My master made me throw away the privileges of my family as soon as I started cooking." He answered.

Erina:" But why would you do that? With your family name, it would be easy for you to get into this academy. Most of your family's food is passable. "

But then oddly Y/n snapped pointing at Erina.

Y/n:" Exactly. Passable. My master said I should watch out for this school. Because they already know what my family can do. " He said shaking his head.

Erina:" So you wish to make a name for yourself out of your family?" She asked.

Y/n:" Good for you. Give the lady a prize. " He said clapping with a smile.

This only caused her gaze to turn harsher.

Y/n:" Hey Soma... I know it's a little selfish but could you make two servings? I'll make two as well. That way we can test each other. Or maybe learn a thing or two." He asked turning away from Erina.

Soma:" Of course! I'll make you a specialty from my shop!" She said with a grin.

(Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Y/n cutting vegetables)

Now Y/n and Soma had finally set up their cooking stations and were eager to start.

While Soma had started cutting multiple vegetables and was working on a few pots Y/n took a different approach.

He was currently quickly whisking a bowl of eggs for a few moments his eyes locked onto a timer that was just about to go off.

The second it rang his hand shot out to turn it off as he set the bowl down before he grabbed a knife in one hand.