~Chapter 2~

*Two days later*

Last show of the tour. It's been nice, everyone seems to have had a really good time, even though Sonny's still sad about the whole Ellie thing. But, I don't think he's as upset about it as he should be... Or maybe I'm just wishing more pain on him, which really is demented in more ways than one.

Sometimes I think I see him looking at me. He's always deep in thought when it happens but, that's not all. All of us were standing outside the train at one point, some smoking, some not, waiting for the refuel to be over, and I noticed Sonny standing alone, chatting with Tom (Diplo). It wouldn't have normally bothered me but they kept gesturing in my direction and throwing me glances that, I could tell, weren't meant for me to notice. So, I just talked with Penny and Jennifer (Tokimonsta) and tried not to think about the men standing on the other side of the tracks.

With an hour to wait before the show, I decided to finish getting ready since we'll be leaving the train in 30 minutes. I put my brown extensions in under my Blond hair and headed out. Grabbing my bag from my bed as I passed.

When I got outside, no one else was ready yet except for Sonny, who, of course, was taking a smoke break. I walked over and sat down next to him on the pavement.

"hey." I said, and he looked up from where he'd been studying the ground.

"Oh, Hey." He said, "ready for the show?" 

I nodded, secretly loving how raspy his voice was from the smoke.

"Yeah, man. You?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Sure." He responded with a half smile and left it at that. We sat in silence for the next few minutes until he shifted and cleared his throat, snuffing out his used cigg on the ground.

"uhh... Ashton?" He asked

"Yeah, Sonny?" I replied

I looked up from the cement and turned my head to look at Sonny but, before I could, a pair of warm lips pressed against mine. I didn't think, I just reacted. I moved my mouth in sync with Sonny's soft lips until I realized what was happening and pulled back immediately. I looked away.

"It's time to go." Was all I said as I got up and headed for the building next to the train that we were going to be playing in. Not turning back to see if anyone was coming, or if anyone had seen.

*An hour later*

Watching "Skrillex" preform was nice. It gave me time to think about the kiss. Why would he do that? To me, his best friend? Had I hurt him when I just hopped up and walked away? It sure as hell seemed like I did. The poor guy hadn't even looked at anybody since he came through the venue doors, let alone talked to anyone.

I guess I needed to talk to him but, now, it was my turn to go up. I headed to the stage, Passing Sonny on the way up who ,surprisingly, wished me luck as I passed. I set up and began my part of the show, and before the end, I even got the crowd to head bang! This night could only get better if me and Sonny get back on track but, other than that, it was amazing.

I was almost done with my set when everyone came on stage. Including Sonny who, as he passed, put his hand on my waist trying to get around me. I chalked it up to adrenaline and left it there. As we were all jamming together, Penny and Tokimonsta beside me, helping me DJ, and 12th planet and Diplo acting a fool for the crowd at the head of the stage, I felt someone tap my arm. I looked to my right and saw Sonny, beckoning me to come with him off stage. I glanced at the girls who smiled and nodded, then I jogged over to Sonny, and out of view from everyone.

"What's up?" I asked, looking up into my best guy friend's eyes.

"I need to talk to you." He said, staring down at me intently. (yes, I'm very short, being only 5'1)

"Earlier... Why did you just blow me off?" He continued

"I, um, I...it was... time to... go?" I sputtered, ending my statement like a question.

"But, it wasn't. We still had like 15 minutes." Sonny said in a low voice. I looked back at the stage as I heard the track coming to an end and noticed John talking to Penny. She motioned towards us and John looked our way. They were looking for us, and it was time to go... again.

"They're looking for us." I said, looking at Sonny, who seemed upset that he was being interrupted once again. I took his hand and held it in mine for a few seconds to cheer him up.

"We'll talk after the show." I reassured him, giving his hand one last squeeze before letting it go. He smiled and we walked out onto the stage to finish for the fans.

The last track we played was "Equinox" which was a good note to end on. The people loved it and Tom even talked me into stage diving with him, which earned me a couple of laughing glances from Sonny who was busy Dj-ing for the screaming fans passing me around the floor. I squealed in delight when they kind of bounced me up into the air right before helping me back up onto the stage, and laughed as I saw Sonny giving me the wow-you're-so-fucking-lucky stare.

When I was steady on my feet again, I made a quick decision to get Sonny back for surprising me earlier. Maybe it was adrenaline, or maybe I was just out of my mind, but I ran over and planted a soft kiss right on his cheek. Sonny Blushed as he ended the song and the Crowd went wild. They were chanting too, and it took me a second too figure out that they were saying "Kiss her!" over and over again.

I turned candy apple red and looked over at The Hog, Penny, Tokimonsta, Diplo, and 12th Planet who were (not surprisingly) chanting too from off stage. I gave them all the look but, that didn't stop Tom from running over and whispering something into Sonny's ear. Something that made the look in his eyes change. A soft determination flooded over his features and the world stopped as he stared into my eyes and took my face in both of his hands, pulling me into a kiss that tasted like sweat, cigarettes, and heaven all in one. 

The crowd went wild as we pulled apart and smiled at each other. Then he took my hand, thanked everyone for coming, and pulled me offstage. We definitely had some stuff to talk about, and as I looked down at our intertwined fingers, I could tell it was going to be one hell of a sit-down.