Surprise Surprise (Chapter 2)

"Em get your ass up! Walkers!"

I spring up out of my make shift bed and grab my knife. Three walkers seem to have tangled themselves in our fence. We've had way worse. As I got closer to the walkers, I noticed something odd about 2 of them. Then it hit me hard. Those were our parents. Shit. I can't believe it. They're gone. And I have to put them down. I grip my knife tighter and walk towards them.

"Em. You have to be strong and do this. They would have wanted you to."

He's right. I have to do this.

"Goodbye mom. I'll always love you."

The knife pierces her right above her ear. Now onto dad.

"Dad. Thank you for everything. I wish I didn't have to say goodbye."

Right above his eyes. My bloody knife drops to the ground and I fall with it. I just killed my parents. They were walkers, but they were my parents.

"C'mon Luke. Get everything packed. We're leaving."

"Em. Please do not have another attack. Sure you just killed our parents, but it's what you had to do. You and I are going to find a better place to live. We're going to make it. Together."

"Luke! I'm fine! Just get everything ready because we are leaving as soon as possible."

He's right. I can't afford to have another anxiety/panic attack. Last one didn't go over so well. I blacked out for three hours. We need that time to find a new place to live. It's all because of those damn bullies. Always making me anxious about when they were going to strike next. But they're dead right now and we need to go.

"Okay. I've got everything. You ready to go?"

"More than ready."