Kabanata 3

I always appreciate all the things I have, may it be cheap or expensive, important or not. Because ever since I was a child, my mom taught me how to value the things that I have, all the blessings that I received. I was taught to never take things for granted. The world is round and not everything stays the same as it is, some things change and some even fades away. Magugulat nalang tayo na isang araw, ang bagay na nasa atin noon ay nawala nalang na parang bula.

I smiled while glancing at the blackboard. We were tasked to write an essay about our perspectives in life. Hmm easy as pie for me since I'm smart naman. Hindi sa nagyayabang pero talagang brainy lang talaga ako and it runs in the blood of the Fuentabella clan.

I looked at Mei and saw her so engrossed in writing the essay, I even saw sweat trickling down her foreheard while she's constantly scratching her head.

She glanced at me and glared when she saw me mocking her while she's having a hard time formulating an essay.

I eyed her innocently and mouthed "Good luck"

When I finished writing I then stood up to pass my paper but almost fell back to my chair when the asshole transferee bumped my back.

I was about to shout at him but stopped myself when I noticed the teacher eyeing us. I mentally cursed and just went in front to pass my paper. Nang tumalikod na si Xeiden sa teacher's table nagtagpo ang mga mata namin, there's really something in his eyes whenever he looks at me.

Does he like me? Hhmm hindi na nakakataka kasi what's not to like about me ba? Aside sa pagiging pikon ko eh wala na akong pangit na katangian. Kumbaga I'm the complete package, smart, pretty, sexy, rich, and most of all super gorgeous.

He smirked at me and walked back to his seat. I wonder why he always smirks at me? Is he mentally stripping me? Omg baka naiimagine na niya akong hubad? Well, sa sexy ko ba namang 'to, sino ang hindi magpapantasya sa'kin?

After class, Mei and I decided to go grab some snacks sa café just near our school. While walking through the hallway, my pretty eyes spotted Kendrick leaning on the wall near the exit. It was like he was waiting for someone. Is he waiting for his girlfriend? Are they going to have a date?! Oh not on my watch sweetheart.

I immediately went in front of him who looked shocked when he saw me.

"Hi Ken" I greeted enthusiastically.

Though shocked to see me, he remained composed and eyed me coldly. Seriously, taong yelo ba siya? Bakit ang cold ng treatment niya sa'kin? Wala naman kami sa North Pole para maging ganun siya ka cold.

He just stared at me, bigla akong nailang at kinabahan. Nasaan na ba ang pinagmamalaki kong confidence? Ayun tinangay ng hangin the moment my eyes landed on this handsome creature.

"I just wanted to invite you for some snacks with us" I told him and bit my lip when he said,

"Uh sorry miss, I already accepted the gift you gave me kahit hindi kita kilala. It's too much if I'll also go with you kahit na hindi tayo magkakilala. And I'm also waiting for someone." Mahabang litanya niya and natulala lang ako kasi hindi niya pala ako kilala? And he's really waiting for his girlfriend, my hunch was right.

Matagal na panahon na akong nagpapapansin sa kaniya pero para lang pala akong hangin? No this can't be, paanong hindi niya ako kilala? Heck, I'm the Queen Bee of this school, the daughter of one of the major investors of this institution. I can't believe this.

Akala ko talaga kilala niya ako, that's why pinansin niya ako kanina. But that won't stop me from convincing him to go with us. I won't let that b*tch to go out on a date with my man.