Kabanata 5

"What are you staring at?" I hissed at him.

He slowly walked towards my seat and put his hands on my table before leaning his face closer to mine.

"What a sight to behold. The oh so mighty Scarlet Patrice Peña Fuentabella is crying" he mocked.

Umawang ang bibig ko sa naging turan niya. Who the hell does he think he is to mock me?!

He licked his lips and stared at my parted ones. Napalunok siya at mabilis tinanggal ang hands niya sa table ko. He stood straight at tumikhim before looking at me again.

"I didn't know you were such a pathetic and desperate girl" he uttered and put his hands inside his pockets.

"You don't have the right to insult me like that. You know nothing so just back off and mind your own business" asik ko sa kaniya and fisted my hands.

He tsked and shook his head slightly laughing at what I said.

"You really think that I know nothing? Believe me Scar, I know more than you could ever think of" he said and laughed again.

I stood from my seat and glared at him.

"Piece of advice Scar, better give up already because honestly I don't think Ken will ever like you" he muttered matter of factly.

Tsk, what a know it all.

"How can you be so sure of that? Huh? This is just the beginning for me and I'm far from giving up, I always get what I want and that includes Ken"

I was about to walk passed him to go out of the classroom nang pigilan niya ako.

"I don't think you really love him Scarlet. Face it, you're just up for the challenge. Just up for the chase. This is not about your heart, it's about your fvcking ego!" He exclaimed and that made me face him.

"Hindi kaya ng pride mo na malamang kahit anong gawin mo para makuha siya ay wala pa ring talab. Nagmumukha ka nang desperada sa ginagawa mo" Dagdag pa niya.

How dare he?! Who is he to dictate my feelings? Ako ang mas nakakaalam sa nararamdaman ko. I know myself more than anyone else. At wala akong pakealam kung mukha na akong desperada.

People tend to do crazy things when they're in love.

"Mahal ko siya! It's not about my fvcking pride and ego! Sino ka ba para diktahan ang nararamdaman ko ha?! You're just a newbie, a transferee. You're no one actually kaya wala kang karapatang pagsabihan ako tungkol sa nararamdaman ko" ani ko at mabilis nang nilisan ang lugar na iyon.

Days passed by like a whirlwind and honestly those days weren't even better. I didn't see Ken after that confrontation, he was avoiding me like I'm some kind of virus that could kill him.

I tried following him around pero palagi siyang nakakawala. Nafufrustrate na ako. He's slipping away from my grip. And I can't stop thinking about my conversation with Xeiden. Why does he act like he knows everything, like he knows something that I don't?

What if he was right? Am I really just challenged? Is it just because of the chase? My fvcking pride and ego?

No! Damn that man for putting wrong ideas on my head. Of course I love Ken that's why I'm pursuing him.

Oh do you really Scar?

What the? Even my own consciousness is against me now?

Mababaliw na ako sa dami ng iniisip ko. I received news nanaman about Ken and his mystery girlfriend. Oh how I love to just stab that b*tch with a fork.

According to Mei, Ken has been buying flowers and chocolates with hearts. Argh I wanna barf at that. So corny naman. If sa'kin niya ibibigay edi I'll consider it as a sweet gesture pero dahil sa punyeta niyang jowa edi mais talaga!

So that's what he's been up to lately huh? Trying to make up for his pathetic girlfriend?

So nagkabati sila? The heck with that, I'll ruin them. This isn't the end. I'll get Ken by hook or by crook.

My phone suddenly rang. I grabbed it from my side table and quickly answered it.

"Hello? Pretty Scarlet speaking" bati ko sa tumawag.

"Ay hala grabe ang hangin naman para na akong nililipad" reklamo ng asungot na Mei.

"Anong hangin?! I'm just stating facts duh. At kaya ka nililipad ng hangin dahil sa payatot mong katawan" I hissed and stood from my bed to go to my vanity table.

I sat in front of the mirror and brushed my hair using my fingers.

"So what made you call me this early in the morning?" I asked.

"Uy beh, lapit na udto, unsay buntag ba uy?" pag aalien talk niya.

I groaned.

"The language" tamad kong sabi.

"Oh sorry" she laughed.

"Anyways, nakita ko si Ken kanina habang papunta sa unit ni Adrian" pagkukuwento niya.

That got my attention. I straightened my back and tapped my fingers on the table.

"Uh hmm go on" I smirked.

"Apparently mukhang bibisita siya sa girlfriend niya."

I rolled my eyes at the mention of the mang aagaw.

"Buti nalang at nakita ko kung saang unit siya pumasok and guess what?! His girlfriend lives just three doors away from Adrian's to the left."

Napangiti ako sa nalaman. I guess magsisimula na ako sa plano ko.

#oplanagawinsiken

Oh did I sound like a slut? Hmm I don't care though as long as I get Ken.

"Nakita mo ba ang mukha ng babae niya?" I suddenly asked and stared at myself in the mirror.

Maganda naman ako ah, I bet wala sa kalingkingan ng paa ko ang mukha ng girlfriend ni Ken.

"Pasensya na pero hindi eh. Ang narinig ko lang ang tinawag ni Ken sa kaniya."

"Ano?" atat kong tanong.

"Uhm uh it's gross" she said.

"Just say it" I hissed.

"Babybabe X" she whispered.

My jaw dropped at that. What the?!

"And also I heard something else" tila nag aalinlangan pa siya kung sasabihin niya sa'kin.

"What is it?" I asked and I almost fell from my seat at what she said.

"I heard kissing sounds. It was like they were smooching? Uh sucking each other's lips" mabilis niyang turan.

I quickly grabbed my hair brush at tinapon sa salamin ng vanity table ko.

I looked at the broken pieces of the mirror and saw my eyes blazing with fire.

"Scarlet! What the fvck is that?! What did you do?! Are you hurt?!"

Mei was panicking on the other line while I remain staring coldly at the pieces of broken glass on the floor.

Determination spread like wildfire in my system.

Ken will be mine and I'll make sure of that.

Better watch your back b*tch because I'll do everything and anything to ruin your relationship.