Spin-off Chapter

Short skit

What if they had a child?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Third person's POV

A five-year-old boy was inside his room, leaving his door open while playing with his game console. Playing Monster Hunter. He was beating the final boss effortlessly. Of course, his mother is a former game addict and his father is a logical human being.

He has (h/c) hair like his mother with his father's ruby eyes. Personality-wise, he has his father's logic and his mother's empathetic attitude. But he's more of a logical person than that of a person of empathy which (Y/n) was a little sad about. What's a little more interesting is that everyone can look at Senku full of emotion through the kid, being a carbon copy of his father (which (Y/n) was so bummed about).

The young boy was startled by a loud bang. He flinched as he shut off his console and went outside of his room, looking at the first floor through the second floor's open hallway.

There he saw his mother being stressed out, throwing her bag on the table.

The female sat down on the couch. She was covering her eyes in frustration while resting her elbows on her knees for support. She sighed.

The young male looked at his poor mother and ran down the stairs, towards his frustrated mother. He climbed on the couch and sat on his legs.

(Y/n) felt the couch sink on a position where she wasn't sitting. She took her hands off of her eyes, revealing her cold stare. But when she saw her child's face, she softened and bawled her eyes out like a kid as she picked him up and hugged him. Talk about mood swings.

"Aagh, Hoyeon!" She whined. "There's this one guy who made an appointment and got me down so much."

'You have a husband for a reason, Mum.' Hoyeon thought to himself, still hugging his mother.

Yes, his name is Hoyeon (much to his dismay). Considering that his mother is a fujoshi, as so everyone claims, both parties have agreed that the first child would be named by her mother who is currently bawling her eyes out.

"He . . . He said he never had any luck with anything! Even finding himself an understanding wife, but he didn't!"

Hoyeon doesn't understand why people pay to open up to other people. Heck, he doesn't even know why his mother took this job as her profession. Whatever makes her happy, he guesses. But this job is taxing to some people who wear their hearts on their sleeves, much like his mother.

"He said, even his wife disses him, like what the fuck?! Isn't that verbal abuse?!" She complained, breaking the hug while holding Hoyeon on his little waist. "I have never met someone like this in my entire career!"

"Oh, shit, really?" Hoyeon muttered in a pseudo-surprised manner, knowing there were some other patients that his mother had to refer to a psychiatrist. That one psycho-killer . . . eugh.

"Oh, shit, yes!"

Then, a familiar figure hovered over the two who were having a moment on the couch.

"Could'ya please stop swearing in front of the kid? It's already bad that I have to deal with your constant cussing." Putting his bag on the coffee table, he scratched the back of his neck with his hand. "And isn't Hoyeon a little too young for those conversations?"

"Hi, Dad." He greeted with a little bow.

"Senku . . ." She trailed off, looking at her husband in front of her. Regaining her composure, she let go of her son and wiped the tears on her face. "As long as Onii-Chan doesn't know Hoyeon swears, it's fine. I mean, you're okay with it, aren't you? And besides, Hoyeon understands stuff most kids his age don't." She sighed. "Genes."

"At least you taught him how to use them well." The male chuckled, sitting beside his son.

"Yeah, no shit, Sherlock." She sighed.

"Dad." The young boy called, gaining his parent's attention. "When's the next time you're going to space?" He asked curiously.

"Maybe in a few years or so." He sighed, ruffling the boy's hair teasingly. "What, are you that desperate to get rid of me? I've only been back from space like a month ago."

"I don't mean it like that." Hoyeon got out from (Y/n)'s hold to hug his father. "Space is cool."

This is one of the rarest moments in the family – bonding together. They rarely do that, considering the Psychologist's hectic and depressing schedule, and the Inventor's unusual schedule. Not to mention Hoyeon's with his uncle most of the time the two husband-and-wife pair is away.

"By the way." (Y/n) muttered, gaining the teo male's attention. "I'm going to Ecuador next week." She said. "I have a client willing to pay me millions just for this one." She grinned.

"You're leaving again?" Hoyeon whined in a sorrowful manner that made the two sorry for the poor child. "You can just make your client fly to Japan, what's the big deal?" He grumbled, looking at the ground with a small pout.

"Awwe, Hoyeon!" She hugged her son. "Mum's gonna be taking you to St. Petersburg during your summer break!" She looked at Senku and smiled. "Wanna come? It'll be just the three of us." She excitedly said in a playful tone.

Senku smiled at her antics and kissed her forehead, joining in the hug. "I'd like that." He said. Then, he looked at his little descendant and poked his nose. "Hoyeon, your Mum is a world-renowned psychologist. She has lots of clients overseas, that's why we have to be patient." He explained.

"Waiting, huh . . ." He asked, thinking a little. "Well, if Mum can wait eight years for Dad, then I can wait for a few weeks." He laughed innocently. "Uncle Taiju is fun, anyway."

"Awe, come on, cut me some slack, it was two years less, Hoyeon!" (Y/n) exclaimed, getting all embarrassed as the two males laughed at the female's antics.

Yup, just another day at the Ishigami household.