Chapter III

A day has passed since the conversation between the spies from the Kingdom of Science to Tsukasa Empire via cellphone. They also made a copper spring. The copper spring was made as an addition to the recorder they previously made.

A day has passed and everyone is anticipating the mentalist's return. 

Gen is currently participating in a race against time. If Taiju and Yuzuriha brought the target before Gen ever came back, then all would have been lost.

Just then, a loud thump was heard, indicating that someone exhausted came. And they couldn't think of anyone who was just outside the Kingdom of Science's territory.

There stood Asagiri Gen, holding a huge stick for support. He was covered with beads of sweat, catching his breath. His outer coat and scarf were lightly dusted with dirt from all that running. "Well, Senku-Chan?" He said. "Who's the first cutie I have to win over?"

Everyone was filled with relief. Finally, the crucial part of the plan, the human voice changer, has finally arrived before the phone even rang. 

"Gen!"

"He's safe!"

While everyone was filled with relief, (Y/n) didn't feel it the slightest bit. She was biting the nail of her thumb anxiously. 

That's right, Chrome and Magma have yet to arrive. Many thoughts were running through her mind. The possibility that Magma made Chrome the bait, letting Gen escape with him with the primitive scientist getting captured by the Tsukasa Empire made her shiver. But Magma hasn't arrived yet, so there's also a possibility that both of them were captured. But what if . . . 'No, Tsukassan's too nice to kill Chrome. Hopefully.' She thought.

=====================

"Your name was Nikki, right?" Taiju started. "We've got something to talk to you about. Please hear us out."

"And why the hell would I?!" The said girl's voice boomed.

Nikki is a blonde female whose hair is braided into twin tails which come down to her shoulders and are tied at the ends with a bow. She has round, teal eyes with plump lips and an average-sized nose.

They were talking at the entrance where 'Senku's Grave' was located.

"My job is to keep an eye on you two." Nikki continued. "To see whether or not you are secretly communicating with someone or doing anything weird. Tsukasa told me not to let you guys find out I was doing it, but it doesn't really matter, since you knew about it anyway."

===================

(Y/n) was running around while carrying a small jar of water, bringing it to the observatory for Gen to have, just in case his voice cracks.

"Cold, cold cold, cold." She mumbled repeatedly, wanting to hug herself but she can't, considering she's holding a jar of warmed water.

When she arrived, Senku was there to get the jar from her and gave it to Gen.

Gen drank a small amount from the jar. He wasn't nervous at all, using the phone. He is confident in his skills and trusts the low-quality audio of the primitive phone as a disguise. 

"Everything is set." Senku said. "Gen is here, and the phone's already set up with the coil and player."

"Now, for the first call . . ." Gen trailed off, adjusting his voice as the phone rang. He picked it up, and a click came out of it. Then, he said in an all-familiar voice. "Hi! I'm Lillian Weinberg!"

===================

Taiju, who did not expect the outcome, was surprised. But at least, he's smart enough to know that the singing Diva, Lillian, is no more. "I don't know her that well, but at least I know she's an American singer!" He exclaimed. "Do you know who she is, Nikki?"

Nikki quickly answered him. "Are you trying to make fun of me? Of course I know who she is!"

Yuzuriha noticed the slight change in Nikki's expression. 

"Ahh, I'm the interpreter, Sebastian." And then, Senku's voice was heard.

Taiju wanted to laugh, but he couldn't, and Yuzuriha was sweating buckets, trying to process everything.

"Hello? I'm calling from the USA. People of Japan, are you listening? The United States of America is being rebuilt and revived!"

=====================

"Hold it in!" Senku exclaimed in a whisper, covering (Y/n)'s mouth with his hand, trying to muffle her laughter.

"Pfff--- I'm trying! Hahahah!" She said in a loud whisper. "Senku, help me! Wait, no. It's Sebastian. Hahahah!"

"Hold it!" Said the girl from the other side. "Lilian was supposed to be in space."

'Awe crap, she got suspicious.' (Y/n) thought with a nervous smirk hidden by Senku's hand.

"That's right." Gen confirmed. "Immediately after I returned to earth, I was turned to stone."

'That is less likely to happen.' The two modern scientists thought.

"I was just awakened recently." Gen continued.

"Lillian . . ." Nikki's voice quivered in the line. "I . . . don't translate this." She said. "I . . . Do you have any idea just how much your songs saved me during my student life?!"

'Huh?' The three modern people in the observatory deadpanned.

"I would do absolutely ANYTHING to help you if I could, Lillian!" She exclaimed. "But . . . If someone were using Lillian Weinberg's identity to accomplish their own schemes, I would NEVER forgive them!"

"Yeah. This is seriously not good." Gen whispered, away from the receiver. "We've got us a serious, honest, hardcore girl here. A hardcore sincere fan right off the bat."

"It just feels like there's something off about your voice!" Nikki said. "I truly apologize if this is really you, but if it is, you should know this."

'Uh, oh.'

"What are your total cd sales to date?" Yep, there's the question.

"Hah! Easy. Sixty million seventeen thousand four hundred and twenty two!" (Y/n) whispered.

"And how would you know?" Senku and Gen asked.

"Ishigami-Sensei, did you forget about my cd's of her song back in my house? Forgot I was a fan, too?" She smirked. "I don't know her sizes though, its on you if she asks that."

The two males looked at each other before looking at the female scientist and nodded, approving of her statement.

"But just to make sure, I'll just play with my words a little there." Gen whispered. Going back to the receiver, he said, "I had a party to commemorate topping fifty million in sales a good while back." He said in Lillian's voice. "But since my cd's aren't my main source of income anymore, I don't really remember, sorry!" He laughed it off. "Maybe I should revive my manager." He muttered, enough for the other line to hear.

"No, that's fine." Nikki said. "Alright then, one last thing." There was this tension in the air with just those words. "If you can tell me these numbers, then I'll believe you."

"We got this in the bag, you guys! If she's gonna quiz us on numbers, then you can knock with Senku's calculations and (Y/n)'s knowledge!" Gen cheered.

"What are your measurements?"

And here it is. The most dreaded part of this conversation.