Chapter 8: Daily prophet

The day went off pretty calmly....and she hoped it would be the same till the end.

The french ambassador had mailed her about his appreciation about the new law she had made official a month ago about veela's being a part of the community,since they were known to be outcasts before this.And seeing as the french ambassador was a veela himself,he appreciated it and it gave their minister inspiration to do the same.

Other than that,the day was pretty un-eventful...for a minister that is.

She found herself thinking about Ron from time to time...not in a good way though.She didn't love him anymore...or she thought.No,she found herself thinking and re-thinking the past few days over and over again.
And she hated it.
She wanted to forget and forgive,but it was easier said than done.

She forced herself to think about her international law files again,which only worked for sometime before she was back to thinking again.

At last,it was 6:30 and she was done with her work.She could go early today as there were no trials to go for today nor were there any meetings.This wasn't going to happen everyday so she decided to make the most of it and go home.

So she picked the landline up and called her assistant,Jenny.
"Hi jenny,I just wanted to let you know that I'm leaving early today because I'm free."
"Yeah."
"Alright,see you tomorrow."

She hung up,grabbed her black coat from the chair,grabbed her purse and she was gone.

POP

She landed right about a meter away from her door.
So she turned around and-

Bumped into another surface.

Luckily,the stranger caught her shoulders.
What was her problem? Why did she keep bumping into people?

She looked up to see a very amused malfoy and mentally slapped herself right then.

"I think you like bumping into me." He smirks.

"Well,it's not my fault you end up everywhere I go!" She retorts defensively.

"I think it's the other way around but...whatever helps you sleep at night." He repeats her lines.

"Whatever." She repeats his lines from earlier as well.

He chuckles.

"Why do you have to be so annoying!" Hermione complains.

"Well,I warned you yesterday didn't I?"

"I really need to go now..." She moved past him.

"No retort?"

"Oh I do have retorts,I'm just not in the mood to say them." She opens the door.

He does the same.
"Makes absolute sense...hermione granger doesn't want to retort." He chuckles.

She shakes her head and closes the door behind her.

She walks to the couch and plops down just as she hears the neighbouring door outside close,meaning that malfoy had closed his door as well.
She sighs in content and tiredness.
God...even an un-eventful day could be tiring. She just wanted to curl up in a ball and read a book.Yes,she wanted to read when she was tired.

So she got up,took a good warm shower and put on her pyjamas ( Shorts and a red baggy shirt) and put her hair up in a messy bun that surprisingly came perfectly at once.
She cheered for herself for managing to pull her curly hair in that perfect bun and sat down with her favourite book on her bed,watching the view outside from her floor-to-ceiling glass walls.
And it felt heavenly.