Chapter 1- Germany

The German Empire sat at a black marble table in the middle of a large, stone room. Beautiful chandeliers hung from the vaulted ceiling, the only source of light in the dark room.
While there were large windows, they were covered by gigantic shades.
Paintings and artwork lined the sides of the room, giving it some artistic value. After all, besides those pieces of artwork, the room was quite dreary.
The tall country grumbled, annoyed that those supposed to attend this meeting were not there.
Right as he was about to go and find the other nations himself, the countries whom were supposed to attend stumbled in, nervous looks adorning their faces. They, after all, knew about Germany's tendency to..."freak out", when people were late or disorderly.
Austria, Hungary, Bohemia, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, and a few other nations exchanged nervous looks as Germany sat silently, judging them, observing them...
Taking a nervous gulp, Bulgaria broke the awkward silence.
"S-So why did you call us here?" he said.
Germany looked at Bulgaria, his eyes like that of a hawk's. "I called you here for the usual thing: keeping the peace. I would appreciate it if you showed some respect and actually educated yourself as to what we will be talking about. After all, I send messages to you all detailing what is going on." he said, glaring at the other countries.
Annoyance shown like a spotlight, something that in the past Germany may have tried to conceal.
But this was a new Germany. One who was cold and showed no empathy or kindness to others.
Not even his brother, Austria, could recognize the country that stood before him.
For while his appearance was the same, his emotions and feelings had been locked away. That much was clear.
In a way, Germany was more open in the sense he was very blunt. The old him would have, if displeased with a country, hinted at it while showing the utmost kindness. Now, Germany would bluntly tell them about their displeasure with the country, yelling at them until the country broke down into tears.
Germany was a monster. And he himself knew that.
After a few hours of all the countries talking about business, it eventually switched over to all the countries talking to each other casually, having forgotten the beast that sat so close to them.
Colonies and puppet states and independent countries mingled about, while Germany just sat there and grumbled.
After a few extremely rowdy moments where things seemed to be getting out of control, he had had enough. He got up from his chair, glaring at them.
"Enough of this! You are better than the hooligans you are acting like. Out of this room. Now!" he yelled at them.
The other nations, noticing that bothering him would probably not do them any good, quickly scrambled out of the room.
Germany sighed, sitting back down in his chair. Why oh why did everyone have to be so disorderly and plain stupid?
Germany could remember the good old days when they used to act respectable. Now, they acted like a bunch of partying douches.
He rubbed his temple before closing his eyes, and letting himself drift off into sleep.