Chapter 6

I nearly let the phone drop out of my hands. It's like the devil is playing with it. Marien laughs at me and I feel my cheeks heating up.

It isn't funny.

"Well, aren't you going to open it?"

I look at her, hugging the phone to my chest and glaring. "It's private, don't look," I murmur, peeking at my phone to check if the notification of the new message is still there.

It is.

"Niall, you just showed me the previous messages and you're going to blab this one too," she sighs. She just doesn't understand; it's my phone. It's my message and my Harry. "Fine," she throws her hands up in the air.

I take a step back, just in case and take a deep breath as I unlock my phone.

Harry_Styles

DM @Niall_Horan: No plans, just chilling. Maybe going out tonight to play hide and seek with the paps. You know when you're done with work? x

I feel myself grinning and if my boss wasn't right around the corner, I would had done a few handstands or twirled through the shop. Instead of all that, I try to stay calm and collected. It's just a message Niall. You don't have to look like a penguin trying to fly. You got this, just stay calm.

Niall_Horan

DM @Harry_Styles: You can hide at my house anytime. What are you asking? Want to take me on a date? ;-) xxx

Niall_horan

DM @Harry_Styles: You gave me your hardest challenge yet, I had to stay quiet after you replied because my boss is around. xx

The reply is almost immediate and it startles me. Wow, this boy has no life...

Ha! I know all about his life. Oh, that sounds freaky.

Harry_Styles

DM @Niall_Horan: Thank you for the offer, I'll keep that in mind. you live in London then? I have to know where to pick you up. ;-) x

Harry_Styles

DM @Niall_Horan: Oh you do live in London, your bio says so. Hey, nice blog. Don't tweet in work hours you bad boy. xx

Oh my God.

Think grandmothers in bikinis.

Barfing elephants.

GIRLS!

Anything to have to prevent adjusting my jeans. Wow, I can picture him saying that like 'You need to be punished, you bad boy'. I am super uncomfortable now.

Oh shit!

Niall_Horan

DM @Harry_Styles: NOOOOO! Don't read my blog it's nothing, I swear. Please Don't!

Niall_Horan

DM @Harry_Styles: By the way, is THE Harry Styles flirting with me? xxx

Harry_Styles

DM @Niall_Horan: Wow, people obsess over us having babies together. That's not even possible, is it? Imagine having to poop out... ouch!

Okay, that sure did the trick in calming me down. I might've shrunk!

Harry_Styles

DM @Niall_Horan: And it depends if you mean the brand Harry Styles or the person cause the brand isn't allowed to...

Harry_Styles

DM @Niall_Horan: Shit! Forget I said that. I can't delete it, fuck. Just ignore it yeah?

"Oi, Horan! Put the phone down and get back to work!" My boss yells at me and I want to protest that he can't do this to me now. The look on his face though says I have no choice if I want to keep my job. I could care less for this job if it didn't mean I'd have to move back home in Ireland and not allowed to hang any posters other than Kermit the Frog. I slide my phone back into my pocket and get on with my work.

So it is true then, Harry isn't allowed to like boys then? I mean, he kind of did admit to flirting with me. I never thought it was true and that there actually was people forbidding him to be the person he really is. I don't even want to imagine what it would be like.

"Ni" I hear faintly as I come back to Earth. "Niall!"

I snap my head up to see it's Marien. "What?"

"Do you think frozen peas belong in the crisps section?"

At first I was confused and then realized my mistake. I had already placed three bags where the pringles belong. I shake my head before I put the bags back in the box and walk over to the freezers. Maybe I'd wake up from this dream that's not a dream if I climbed in there. Harry Styles is real and he isn't the person everyone makes him out to be.

"What did he do to you?" she asks with a sweet voice.

"Oh, nothing, I had to put my phone away," I said, mistaking her question.

"I mean Harry. You was smiling at your phone and now you look like you're about to cry."

"I can't tell," she looks at me questioningly, "I mean, he didn't really hurt me. I think he is the one that's hurting and that hurts me." He asked me to ignore his comment, but I can't.

"Two more hours, then we're off." Marien tired to lighten my mood and I smile weakly.

Time goes by painfully slow, but I make it through my shift. When my relief comes and takes my shift, I grab my phone out of my pocket. I hadn't felt it vibrate, but to my surprise, there's a new message.

Harry_Styles

DM @Niall_Horan: Seriously, it's freaky. They want to be babysitters, surrogates and all that. You have a strong opinion about me too, I see. xx

I laughed as I make my way home, forgetting to say goodbye to Marien, too entranced with my phone. I never thought Harry would message me after his slip up. I chuckled to myself thinking just how weird my followers really were on my blog.

Niall_Horan

DM @Harry_Styles: Sorry about that. Wait, are you still on my blog?

And almost instantly he messaged back.

Harry_Styles

DM @Niall_Horan: Maybe, but I have to go soon for rehearsals. Maybe I'll see you around soon?

Ovaries.

Exploded.

Niall_Horan

DM @Harry_Styles: Maybe xx

Harry_Styles

DM @Niall_Horan: Catch you later then.

I swear to god. That boy would be the absolute death of me.