Epilogue

I slam the fridge close with my hip as my one hand is busy holding the Nutella bottle, and the other holds the spoon in my mouth. Oh, how I love midnight secret snacking! I hum with 'Payphone' by Maroon 5 playing on my iPod as I walk up the stairs. The earphone drops from my right ear when I reach my room door. I leave the spoon in my mouth as I plug it back in my ear. I sway to the music and push my unlocked door open with my body. "Ah!" and the spoon drops from my mouth, clanging to the floor, "Shit." I lock the door quickly after me. "What are you doing here?" I hiss at the figure lying on my bed. "What? I missed you." he smirks, "That's what you should be saying." he adds. "Whatever." I pick the spoon off the floor to wash it.

I turn around drying the washed spoon to find him standing at the doorway of my bathroom. "Excuse me?" I say annoyed, and he whistles. I raise my eyebrow. "This is huge." his eyes move from my large white bathtub to the glass shower area and finally rest on my toilet. I move away from the washbasin corner, "This is uncomfortable. Your home has a bigger, fancier, and natural bath area." I walk past him, and he sighs, "Yea, but that's a palace. This is a house."

"Mmmm" I go back to dipping my spoon in the chocolaty goodness and then licking the heaven off it. He sits beside me in his dark maroon full-hand T-shirt, facing me, on the bed. He keeps staring at me until I finally ask, "Whath?" with the spoon in my mouth. "Is that thing so good that you find gulping it more important than acknowledging the fact that I'm here after... 'we can never meet again' thoughts?!" "It was only you who had those thoughts," that was a lie, "I had a feeling you'd come here, eventually. Even after your great, 'I will stay away' statement." "Ahan, why is that may I ask? And for your information, I just said 'I will', I did not mention to what." he's irritated. Looks like my baby boy expected me to throw myself all over him in excitement but he's got a lot of other girls willing to do that. I'm going to be his difference. "Because you've been coming here for nearly a hundred times?" I say innocently.

His eyes go wide, "What... are you even talking about?" "You know exactly what I am talking about." saying so, I pick my childhood diary from my nightstand. I open to the page I had been reading before it all began and point to the words, 'Wrong Spectrum', "You wrote it, didn't you? The handwriting below your paintings matches with this one." Then I pick the little letter he had dropped with the null clothes. Unlike what I expected, he doesn't deny, "Ah, that one." he stretches, "Was just messing with you coz I was bored. Tried to get you curious." I raise my hand for him to stop. "You went through someone else's personal diary. You're lucky that the 'someone' else is just me. By the way, I did some light reading." I say sitting back down, facing him. "I know you do a lot of that." he looks up at my novels.

"Not that, Jet." I lick my spoon, and he gives me a face of disgust. I smile. "You are weird. You know, most girls try to be decent when there's a super gorgeous boy in their room," he states, and my smile goes wider. "One: You are just another boy. Two: You like this girl." I bite my lips, my stupid habit when I'm trying to hold back a smile, nothing else. "Getting bold, are we? Also you like this 'just another boy'." he gives me a wicked smile. I laugh, "Maybe, so... back to my readings. I read a Gemma book." He looks at me for a while before saying, "Okayyy." "It had a lot of random information about powers different gems can possess, and I came to this part that said about what you can do." that catches his attention.

"So, some gems can walk through realms. It's a rarely gifted ability." I say, and he gives his comment, "It's not a power or energy... I can just do it as I'm a halfling." "I'm a halfling, and I can't do it. Isn't that a reason enough?" I drop to look at his bowed thoughtful head. "You are right, but what are you getting at with this?" he comes to the question I was waiting for. I smile again, "When you walk through realms, you are not supposed to do it from or to the same location often because that creates some energy imbalance." "Okayyy." his tone is suspicious.