Chapter 4: Common Sense

Marigold joined Liddan at the guild hall, she discussed the job and it's request with him and explain its complications.

Marigold unfolded the paper and began to read. "According to this, at Monty Bay, there is a monster that has been terrorizing the city recently. It's in league with the dark guild Oedipus Stone..."

"What's up with dark guilds these days? Their names make no sense." Liddan said.

"Anyway, this monster has been terrorizing the city, blinding citizens, deafening them, etc." Marigold sits back down. "According to this when victims go to the doctor over the matter, they claim the blindness or whatever is natural."

"So this creature, does it attack it's victims physically, or just steal their senses?" Esmeralda asked.

Marigold and Liddan jump when they see her. "You scared us! When did you get here?" Liddan asked.

"I've been here the whole time." Esmeralda groaned. "You see, I'm looking for people to join my team, my father's retiring soon and I'll need new numbers."

"No way!" Liddan said jumped out if his seat. "Pick me! Pick me!" He said waving his hands around.

"Liddan, I'm joining you on this job because I want to see what you, and Marigold, can really do. I want to see if you really have gotten stronger then when I last saw you." Esmeralda said, calming Liddan down.

Nashi and Sylvie walk in gleefully, they run up to Marigold giving her a tackle hug.

"Um, you guys okay?" Marigold said, seeing that Syvlie and Nashi were not prying each other's eyes out when they were within 3 feet of each other.

"We're just happy to see you," Sylvie cried, with tears of joy streaming down her face.

Marigold, still being hugged, reexplains the job to Nashi and Sylvie until Nashi stands up and shouts, "Monty Bay?!?" 

"Yeah, that's the city." Marigold clarifies.

"We have to go to the beach!" Nashi begs.

"Oh yeah, we went there when we were kids. Our family owns a beach house there." Liddan said.

Marigold gives a look to Liddan and says, "How rich are you guys?"

"Our mom knows how to manage money." Nashi says. "We should stop by there for the night, if we leave now we can still hang out on the beach!"

"Sounds good to me!" Marigold says.

The group travels to Monty Bay in an hours time, when they get there they settle down in the beach house then head to the shore. 

"Amazing!" Nashi says, looking at the beach.

"So much water!" Sylvie said in awe.

"Aw crap." Liddan mumbled.

 "What? What's wrong?" Marigold asked.

"I'm the only guy here. I'm surrounded by women! Why didn't I invite Malcon?!?" Liddan cried. 

"What's wrong Liddan? Are you uncomfortable being surrounded by so many women?" Esmeralda said, pressing her chest against  Liddan's arm.

"Yes Liddan, do you not believe we make good company?" Sylvie said, doing the same.

"Sylvie!?!  Where did your top go?!?" Liddan cried. 

"Guys," Nashi groaned, "Stop sexually harassing my brother."