K 2

Raman was at Suman's office 15 minutes before 9 am. So, unlike him. Suman briefed him about the plot and his character. 

"You have to play a role of a father to two kids, is it fine with you" Suman asked after explanation. 

"Sounds like an interesting story, yes why not? I am entering my thirties this year. So...I guess it is a  good age to become a farther" He laughed out with that. 

Suman then introduced him with the writer, creative director, and other directors and assistants.

"Hey, man sorry about last time. But I am not going to disappoint you this time" He shook his hand with Ajey. 

Ajey felt he is genuinely trying to be responsible and shook the hand back, "For a new journey young man"

"Am I allowed to introduce my little elements to the script?" Raman was eager to know, because last time everyone appreciated his contribution to the building up of the character. 

"Sure you are" both Suman and Ajey replied. "Make sure Deepika is happy with what you do, it is her baby" Suman added.

I will introduce you to the female lead and antagonist tomorrow. You will meet the rest of the crew on set when we start the shoot.

That afternoon, Raman informed about bagging the new role to his family. His farther also gave him a lecture about being responsible. 

"Suman's family and ours friendship is very old, I hope you will not spoil it with your irresponsible works this time" His farther Om Prakash told him.

"No, dad that is when I was young, now I understand" he said

"It is some of his bad friends that spoiled him" that night, Raman's mother Toshi told his farther.

"Yes, now when he gets busy with this work, he will not have time to roam with those friends" His farther added.

Next day, Raman was asked to come to the Suman's office at 8 am to meet his co-actress. Although Suman told him her name yesterday, it was not a familiar name. On the way to the office, Suman's PA  gave him a call saying Suman is having an urgent meeting, and their meeting is postponed  by 45 minutes.

So, when he entered the office premises at 8 am, receptionist showed him the lobby area to sit. He sat there and looked around casually. There was a girl, standing at one corner and looking at one of the art hanging on the wall. She had a long hair, a silky black hair, and she is wearing a simple kurtha suit. She turned, came and sat on the other side of the lobby.  She is beautiful, simple make up and looked innocent and that captured Raman's eyes.  He had seen lots of girls, he had been with lots of girls but this one looked different. He could not pin point what it is, but there was something about her. 

"She must be an employee here or a journalist may be..., wonder why Suman doesn't make her an actress, she looks beautiful"  he thought. Her phone ranged  and that broke his trance. 

"She looks a marriage material, tell mom to find some one like that when you marry Raman" he told himself  and  smiled, and again thought how hypocrite he is, hanging around with modern, social butterflies and  looking for the opposite to get married.

It's been 15 minutes now, he looked at his Rolex. Where is this actress of his show? Why she is not around? May be she will come exactly on time, at 8:45 am, as Suman may have informed her too about the delay.  After sitting idle for 15 minutes he felt board, and started playing a game on his phone.

Ishitha finished her call. She came around 7:30 am to meet Suman and learnt the meeting is postponed for an hour. She saw the Raman Bhalla coming to the lobby around 8 am. She thought to wish him good morning and introduce herself first, but later thought otherwise. When Suman told her about the new male lead, she quickly researched about him. Well the records of him were not that good. He seemed to be a spoiled brat  of a rich family with connections to high profile families in the industry. When asked, her friends also told her to maintain a distance and not to get too friendly with him. One of her friends told that he is a heavy drinker and drink during shooting too, also a heavy smoker.  Well she knew she is being judgmental, but the guy seems arrogant too from his looks. He did not even acknowledge her knowing that she is the co-actor that acts with him. So, she thought she will just say Hi, when Suman introduce them and maintain a cordial and strictly professional front. After a while, she saw him leaving the lobby, and she could see he is smocking a cigarette outside of the lobby.  Ishitha made a face and looked the other side.   

"Sorry guys, it was an urgent meet, so I could not avoid it. Come in" Suman hurried to the lobby as soon she finished her meeting and told Raman. He got up from his seat and followed her, behind him was Ishitha. Raman did not see her, and entered the cabin.

" Raman this is Ishitha Iyyer your co-actor " Suman introduced Ishitha who is standing behind him. He turned and was stunned to see the simple girl standing behind him. 

"What is wrong with him? why he is looking at me like that? Is there anything on my face" Ishitha's hand involuntarily moved towards her face.

There was a single strand of hair fallen on her face. He felt like to remove it and tuck behind her ear, when she unmindfully did the same. 

"An actress, So simple? may be a new one". He thought 

"Have you seen her acting before? Raman"  Suman asked

"Hmm.. no I haven't" replied Raman coming out of the trance.

"Have you seen him acting Ishitha?" This time Suman asked Ishitha.

"Yes, I just went through few videos, after you told me he is my co-actor" Ishitha replied.

"Oh.. madam came studied and prepared,  not bad" Raman thought.

"Ishitha's home town is Chennai, she is working in the industry for more than 8 years now and she has won several awards for her previous works, this is the 1st time she is working with our production house" Suman gave a full introduction on Ishitha.

"Oh, she is a Madrasan and she  is not new to the industry, yet so simple, I can't believe. She is totally opposite to what I have seen in the industry" Raman thought.

"Hey Raman, you don't have anything to say?" Suman asked as he was standing like a statue there. Ishitha thought he doesn't speak because of his arrogance. 

"Nothing, Hi, Hello, I am Raman Bhalla" he forwarded his hand. Suman thought what is wrong with him, while Ishitha thought he may be drunk even now and gave her hand for the shake reluctantly. 

"Hi.. Suman... Hi... Raman..." everyone turned to the door with that sound and found the actress who plays the antagonist of the drama  standing there. 

"Hey Shagun" both suman and Raman gave a friendly hug to her. After all the introductions and discussions Ishitha left the place while Shagun and Raman joined Suman for the Brunch.

The first thing Raman did after leaving to home was researching about Ishitha. 

"No doubt she is a beauty queen, Oh what ?? she is in a relationship with her 1st co-actor, Subhramaniam Reddy ?? really ?? is this true ? may be a gossip. Once our show starts it may read as she is in a relationship with her new co-actor, that's how gossips are" Raman didn't know why he wanted to justify that news was only a gossip. But that comforted him. 

Things finally worked out as Suman anticipated and the show shooting began.  After few weeks of individual shoots and shoots with others, Ishitha and Raman's shootings began allowing them to know each other better than their perceived pictures.