chapter 05

Hey hey hey!! Current mood? 

One of my favorite pizzas above^^

Best Out of Three

Copyright © 2021 Nichole Kym

— — —

MY FIRST CLASS IS English, and I have previously learned that it is also my favorite. I love writing and learning the concept behind a great story really makes it all seem special.

I open the door and spot the teacher on his computer with big and round glasses. I walk past him and spot two rectangular desks in the back. The desks are built for two, so I will be talking to a new friend in this class.

Just before the late bell rings, Ryder Earnest walks in the door, backpack slung on his shoulder, and all I hear is a collective gasp from all the girls in this class.

Ryder ignores them as he searches the room for a seat. He spots me almost immediately after, and a smile spread across his handsome face.

Fantastic.

As he walks pass the taken seats still smiling, girls start to swoon left and right. Honestly, he is an attractive guy. With the dark hair and even darker eyes that seem to be a mystery themselves. His tan-colored skin shine under the sun.

"This seat taken?" Ryder asks me as he hovers over the seat to my left.

"No," I answer honestly.

"Perfect," he says before plopping himself down in the wooden chair.

Ryder takes out a pencil and a notebook, and leaves it at that. I brought out my novel—Pride and Prejudice—along with a couple of sharp pencils, my notebook, and a clean shaven eraser. I might look over prepared compared to him, but I probably get the better grades. Not that I'm assuming...

"Pride and Prejudice?" Ryder questions, eyeing me out of the corner of his eye.

"It's a great novel," I compliment. "Have you read it?"

"Nah, I'm more of an action reader," he responds.

The fact that he reads is enough to put me in shock.

"That's nice" is all I say back as the teacher stands.

"I am Mr. Sloth, and I hope you are all comfortable in your seats because it will stay this way for the whole year," Mr. Sloth states without a hint of hesitation in his voice.

Mr. Sloth gives us the basis of what this semester will be like. Essays, book reports, essays about books, reading, grammar, etc.

Before I realize it, the bell rings and I start to pack up my things. Ryder does as well, but of course, he also tries to socialize with me.

"What's your next class?" He asks as he slings his backpack over his shoulder.

"Uh, pre-calculus," I answer.

"Hey that's my new class," Ryder says cheerfully. "We can walk together."

"Great," I say sarcastically but with a sweet smile at him.

Ryder notices my reaction as he leads us out the door and into the busy hallway. I follow his lead and we end up where the hallway begins to clear.

"You know, I never actually got your name," he says, hinting that he wants to know who I am.

"I'm June Kingsley," I introduce.

"I'm Ryder Earnest," he greets with a hand extended.

I just stare at his hand and then him, and go back and forth until he drops his hand. We keep walking in silence after that.

As we reach the class, I feel Ryder stop in front of me for a second. I look up at him and he's smiling down at me.

"By the way, I really like the name June." Ryder compliments before walking in, holding the door for me.

I say a quiet "thank you" as I rush past him to where Cora is currently sitting, saving me a spot. 

— — —

Thoughts? Use the comment section, I'd love to hear from you!

UPDATES EVERY WEEK

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

I have a YouTube Channel called N.K. Cookery

I eat, bake, cook, and review with you guys!! It would mean the absolute world if y'all would check it out and help me get to 1K subscribers.

More subscribers/views = early updates ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoGRjbQ427MlqUnrFJLvF9Q

my channel ^^