Chapter 16

“I love this song!” Harry exclaimed upon hearing the intro. We were hitting the road on our way to somewhere, Harry didn’t tell me where we’re going, as usual.

 I’ve been living with a shadow overhead, I’ve been sleeping with a cloud above my bed, I’ve been lonely for so long, trapped in my past I just can’t seem to move on…

 I looked closely at him, admiring his voice. The song is new to me, but the melody is good and the lyrics kinda hit me, I don’t know why. I just continued listening to him, I can listen to him singing all day and all night.

 “C’mon babe sing it with me. It’s a duet.” He said. I shook my head and told him I don’t know what the song is. As expected he gave me this surprised look, but he understood. He knew very well that I’m not really into pop, and I don’t listen to the radio coz they don’t play underground or metal songs there. The only pop artists I know were Ed Sheeran and Adele. Lex loves Adele so much and I like her songs, too.

 All I wanna do is find my way back into love..I can’t make it through without my way back into love…

 He was singing his heart out at the top of his lungs. I was enjoying the show so much, I video recorded it in my camera. He didn’t mind and continued singing like it was for me.

 There were moments when I don’t know if it’s real, or if anybody feels the way I feel, I need inspiration…not just another negotiation…

 I felt the words in my soul. What the fuck is this song? It’s like it was written for me or something.

“What’s the title of the song?” I asked him. He smiled and told me what it is, even shared me that it’s from a chick flick.

 Way back into love…catchy title.

 “Do you like it?” He asked.

 “It was cute, and catchy. I like it, but I love it when you’re singing it.” I replied. The dimples in his cheek said hello to me again.

 He stopped the car in front of the park. “I was thinking of a morning walk with you.” He said.

 “I love walks, babe. But is it fine for you to go out there? I mean it’s pretty crowded.”

 He kissed my cheek and unbuckled me. “Babe, I’m still a normal person in the end of the day. They just recognize me, that’s it.” I can’t believe how humble he is. 

 We went outside and enjoyed the morning view of the park. There were people jogging and playing football around, some were with their dogs while others were with their kids. I took photos everywhere while we we’re walking, Harry’s arm not leaving my waist. Some were too busy to recognize him, while others were taking pictures of us with their phones. I think they’re going to tweet it.

 We stopped in front of the lake and sat on the grass. Harry laid on the ground and placed his head on my lap. I snapped my camera right away, taking shots of him and he just giggled softly. Then he started covering his face like he hates the camera.

 “Not fair! You always smile at paparazzis.” I rolled my eyes, pouted my mouth and looked afar, pretending to be upset.

 He squeezed my nose and I squealed in pain. People started looking at me with curious eyes wondering what happened, while others looked so annoyed because of my noise. Harry got up on his feet and was laughing so hard.

 “You are so dead Styles!” I yelled while standing up. He started running away from me and I ran after him. He was fast and I know I can run a lot faster than him but I don’t want to show him my skills, besides I’m in a pink boho skirt and white tank top, I’m pretty sure my chest were bouncing madly. We reached the area of food stands and he stopped beside a huge tree, while I decided to stop a few blocks before him where some guys were playing football. I saw Harry buying some ice cream, and three girls were around him, asking for an autograph.

 Suddenly, I heard two guys talking behind me.

 “That’s his girlfriend right? She’s hot, too bad Harry is a faggot.”

“I’m sure the management is just using her to cover Harry’s homosexuality.”

What did they just say? My ears smoked and I looked at them fiercely.

 “Excuse you?” I snapped sharply. They just smirked and continued talking, this time, to me.

 “Harry Styles is a faggot. Wake up sweetie, no matter how hot you are, he still loves man.” The other guy said. Both of them burst out laughing. 

 I flashed my most sarcastic smile. “ What’s gayer than talking about other people’s lives? I thought only girls do that! Turns out I’m wrong. One more thing, you guys are just jealous because girls love him. While there you are, playing football like a star player yet no single girl notices you. Even if you run naked here, no one will be interested, they will just be disgusted. Your lives were not going anywhere while they're on top of the world.” I fired to them.

They were really pissed and I can tell one of them wants to punch me so bad. I started walking away from them. After a few steps, I turned back to them and yelled “It sucks to be you boys!” and raised two dirty fingers to them. They both mouthed bitch, but I’m so sure they felt humiliated. You just got owned by me, assholes.

 “What’s wrong baby? Who are you talking to?” Harry appeared in front of me, holding two ice cream cones.

 “No one. Just a random asshole.” He looked at me suspiciously and gave me the chocolate chip ice cream. Just exactly what I needed.

 “You’re shouting and you gave them a dirty finger, I saw that.” He said.

I sighed deeply and licked my ice cream. “Fine. They called you a faggot. I just gave them what they deserve, actually that’s not even close.” I replied. He took my hand and we sat down in the bench. He didn’t say anything, he’s just licking his vanilla ice cream quietly.

 “Are you mad at me?” I asked.

 He shook his head.

 “I just can’t stand there and let them call you names. I don’t like it when their hurting you.” I confessed quietly.

 He looked at me and smiled a little. “Rhia, I’m a public property, they can say everything they want to say.”

 “Even if it's hate? Aren’t you getting hurt?” I asked him. He stared at the ground.

 “I do get hurt a lot, babe. Everyday. Even if they keep on saying the same thing over and over, I still get hurt.” His tone is flat and sad. Damn, I really feel sorry for him. It’s not fair.

 “Honestly, I still cry over it.” He continued. “Yes we are smiling in front of the fans, but deep inside we’re getting broken. I used to cry about it while taking showers. I just look down and I keep on thinking why they are so mean, why are they saying those things to us even if we don’t know them personally?”

 I leaned closer and wrapped my right arm to him while resting my head in his shoulders. Poor Harry, is this the price of his fame and fortune? How I wish I could take all his pain away, I can’t stand seeing him like that.

 “They’re just jealous, babe. Coz you’re cute and awesome and famous. Haters are confused admirers, you know. They see in you what they wanted to be.” I whispered in his ear. He looked at me and kissed my forehead.

 “You know what, when you came in my life, I don’t cry over it anymore. Thank you.” He said.

Did he really mean it?

 He held my hand and looked in my eyes. “It’s true. You’re the reason why I’m stronger now, I can take all the hate in the world, as long as you’re beside me.”

 I hugged him tight. I can’t believe he said that, I didn’t know I have that effect in him. He released me and smiled widely. 

 “Let’s continue walking, what you think?” He suggested. I nodded and we wandered more in the park, sharing stories and capturing moments in my camera.