Peter Hale has a Heart

Scott went ahead and held the door open for Lydia.  She had no idea why the vetinarian wanted to speak with her.  Scott and Stiles had been at her door and asked her to come with them.

"Deaton, we're back!" He called to the back room.  He motioned for her to go ahead of him.

"Good, now you and Stiles leave," Deaton said as he came into the room.

"What?" Stiles objected.

Deaton ushered Lydia into the back room and closed the door.

"What is this about?" She snapped.

"Peter."

Her breath caught from shock.  He was the last thing she wanted to worry about yet he never seemed to leave her mind.  "Is he okay?"

"Lydia, how do you feel about him? I need the truth."

"Uh.. I guess he's alright," she shrugged.

"Peter's life, more or less, depends on your answer.  Be more specific."

Her eyes widened, "fine.  I really like him.  But I told him not to speak to me anymore because he was being a jerk."

"Peter was cursed.  Talia, his sister, put a curse on him back when Derek's girlfriend died.  It wasn't to start until a few years later and that's now."

"What's the curse?"

"He was given a rose.  When the last petal of the rose falls, the curse would start.  Scott informs me that Derek had seen the rose and it has started loosing petals.  By the full moon after the last petal falls, Peter will be stuck in his wolf form forever."

"How do we stop it?"

"Someone has to truly love him."

She understood now, "that has to be me."

Deaton nodded.

"But that doesn't mean he has to love me," she bit her lip.

"That doesn't mean that he doesn't love you.  He chose you, Lydia.  He spent time with you to try to get you to like him more and maybe even love him.  He wouldn't have chosen anyone."

"That doesn't mean-"

"Peter spends most of his time alone.  Being around you so much after being lonesome would add to his feelings for you."

Lydia thought for a moment.  It kind of made sense...

"So, you're saying he actually has a heart?" She tried laughing but the seriousness of the moment was too much.

Deaton nodded.  "So, do you? Do you truly love him?"

Lydia let out a shaky breath.  "I have to get to Peter."

She hurried out of the room and grabbed Stiles' shirt collar.  "I need a ride."

"Where?" He asked as she dragged him out the door.

"Peter's."