Chapter 4

"For the last time Aaron. I. Don't. Like. You."

"You called me a 'hot piece of shit..shitake mushrooms' as I recall and girls only call guys hot when they like them as more than a friend,"

I elbowed him in the stomach, for the third time.

"Ow! Hey, I can file you for human abuse you know?"

"Like I care," I rolled my eyebrows.

So here I was sitting in front of a bonfire,watching all my other team green members talking to their partners about some so-called project that I had no clue about. In the last hour, I once even tried listening in to two boys who were talking so I would get to know what the heck we were supposed to do but as soon as I leaned a little towards them, one of the boys started shouting, 'Cheater!' and pointed towards me and the nearby groups sent me disgusting stares and the counselor moved us a little far away from the others so yeah, didn't go so well.

Oh, and did I tell you the best thing that ever happened to me? I got partnered up with Aaron Carter. Oh joy! Note the sarcasm...Aaaand he's continously irritating me, might I add.

I brought my hands in front of me and tried to warm them up. Though the fire was actually very far.

I felt something poking on my sides.

"OW! WHAT?"

"Wanna go for a walk?"

"And why would I?" I looked at him, raising my eyebrows.

"Because I'll tell everyone you came to my cabin last night and begged me to sleep with you, if you don't come," He smirked, looking back at me.

"Hah! No one's gonna believe you," I smirked back, trying to hide the nervousness in my voice.

"We both know the truth sugar," He smirked.

"What?!? Sugar now? Seriously?!?" I exclaimed, flailing my arms around like a mad man.

I looked around to see everybody staring at me, some even glaring. Wow, these people are pretty serious about the 'I-have-no-idea-what-we-are-supposed-to-do' project.

"Come on now!" Aaron whispered, exasperated.

"I don't even know you," I whispered back. "You could be a rapist for all I know."

"Sugar, I don't rape. Girls throw themselves at me,"

"No." I deadpanned, giving him a poker face.

"Okay guys! We're gonna call up pairs now for the how-much-do-I-know-you contest and the pair who wins will be performing on the last day concert and the losing pair will have to spend the rest of the summer together in every activity so they would know the other one better by the end of summer," The counselor shouted.

Holy fudgenuggets!

"We can't lose," I frantically whispered to Aaron. "I can't speand the rest of my activities with you."

"Ouch princess, that hurt," Aaron said back, putting his hand on his chest and feigning fake hurt.

"Shut up and tell me about yourself as fast..."

"Next up is Aaron Carter and Grace Byers," announced the counselor in the middle of the circle.

"Great! Our name had to be the first one out of the whole 12 pairs," I murmured frustratingly.

I walked forward to the middle of the ground with Aaron trailing behind me. I looked around to receive judging glances from everyone except Zoey who just smiled at me and sent me a thumbs up.