Chapter 3

"What happened?"

"Did he hit you?"

"Did you fight back?"

I was bombarded with questions as soon as I entered the cabin. Jessie and Kate, being the amazing friends they are, left me all alone with Aaron and ran away like scared schoolgirls from the spot. Note the sarcasm please.

"Tell me you kissed him," We both became quiet at Jessie's statement and looked at her wide eyed as if she said she was a witch, which she technically was because she was saying such stuff that only evil people say..Okay, I'm babbling now.

"Whaaat? I mean he's so cute and yummy that you would just want to like.." She drawled. I rolled my eyes, leave it to Jessie to check out a guy when he could practically kill him.

Ha! You did it too. My inner conscience yelled at me. I hated it when it was right, Agh!

"He's Aaron and let's say he brings bad news. He has done so many pranks on everybody last year, I'm surprised he didn't run out of ideas yet. And well, let's just say we might as well be stepping in hell by 'accidently' pranking him. His pranks are much, much classier. Believe me on that.." Kate said and sighed loudly.

Oh shit!

"He's the bad boy you have in high school you know. The type who gives off a mysterious aura, besides the fact that he is not a player," She continued.

"Nah, he isn't gonna do anything. Chill! Let's get ready for the bonfire," I clapped my hands together, trying to look excited which earned me flat looks from both the girls.

***

After getting ready for the bonfire and having a quick shower, thanks to all that sweat from running,which wasn't very far but trust me when I say, I am not athletic, at all. I had told Jessie and Kate to go on. It would take me some time.

I stepped out of the empty cabin but as soon as I about to walk on, I heard some whispers. Okay, before I go on let me tell you something. I am a really curious girl. No matter how much I tried to stop myself from it, I always ended up meddling in people's business. No hate please.

When I was seven, my aunt and uncle had went on a trip and my older cousin, Jeremy had come to stay at our place for the weekend. He was nine years older than me, means he was sixteen at that time. We had two phones in the house which had the same connection. My parents were out and I was getting very bored, Jeremy was talking to his girlfriend on the phone. I wanted to listen in to their conversation, my hands twitched but I controlled myself. For the first five minutes only! On the sixth minute, I found myself picking up the phone and listened in to the couple talking and let's just say, I heard things that a seven year old is not supposed to hear.

I was very disturbed for the next two days and I couldn't even look at Jeremy in the eye. One look at him, and I would hear him telling his girlfriend about the things he would do to her, replaying in my mind. I shuddered at the thought.

I looked back and saw that the whispers were coming from behind the tree near our cabin. I went there cautiously, taking each step closely.

"Here's the dye," A male voice said to another.

Hmm, that voice sounded kinda familiar.

"Consider it done man," Another voice replied.

"Thanks dude, I owe you one," The first one replied.

Oh shit! I hope they're not planning a murder or something. I'm too young for it! I wanna go to a college and then be an artist and get married and have children.