29 - Their Stories

Although the story of Jaxon Martins may not have been the happiest, most exciting thing ever, it is definitely something to think about and wonder--how could a criminal with many skills and top-of-the-line knowledge be blessed with such an eventful outcome?

Blinded to many things that were happening around him, he paid the price for it. At first, he was not aware of the negative impact he had on society by carrying out his criminal work. The better he became in doing so, the more negative effect he had on everybody else. He knew how easy it was to fall into doing something that brought him much benefit, but it was so hard to get out of what he had already started. As much as he said he would stop, he could not, and he knew that he would not. It's like an addiction--you pick up something that you think will not damage you or anybody else. Still, it has that mind-numbing effect that will so easily trick you into wanting more. Then you indulge more and more of it, pushing yourself to the point of no return.Jax then became aware of his actions. It saddened him to see that only two people he loved in his life became so crossed with him. "I'm doing it for you," he would say ninety-nine times; until the hundredth time, it was too late.

Irisolara was a planet that NASA had their eyes on for years. When they were finally ready to announce the project's start to the public, it was very coincidental that Jaxon would be incarcerated not long after. Instead of killing him for his crimes, Michelle Burgess proposed President Haynes that he would be sent there to die instead. They had the needed tools to monitor the activity of the planet to determine if it was inhabitable. They also had plans to go to the world themselves later on anyway, which is why none of them bothered to put any type of monitor on Jax before he left.

When Jax had arrived on the planet, rather than feeling terrified, he felt intrigued. Being approached by a figure with purple skin and very long silver hair raised many questions. He was already excited to see that there was another type of life away from Earth.Jyn was like Jax in a way. She had this past that she so desperately wanted to get rid of, but she wanted to do it in a different way than Jax. She tried to make a name for herself that wasn't so intimidating to anybody that knew about it. She had a lot of faith in her daughter, Zera, just like Jax had for his daughter Juliette. Neither of them wanted their daughters to become the same person that they were. Most everyone expects the parent of a child to set the best example for them, and Jax was aware of this, but he unintentionally failed to follow through.

Jax was given one chance to change for the better, and he did just that. He put his past behind and worked together with the Irisolarans to build a better life for him and the entire community.While Seté and Verel did not make that many appearances in Jax's story, they were on the same path as Jyn was: they were both lost and felt as if they did not have a useful purpose in life. While Jax might not feel like it, he was the hero the Irisolarans needed; however, they were not aware that they so desperately needed a different life form to bring them back together as a whole.

Alphonsina and Khan were always strange Irisolarans; and they were a lot like Jeffrey. They sought out an opportunity to become more powerful. Knowing it would come at a dangerous price, they still took the offer. The price was losing their closest friends. Ever since they jumped on the path of gaining this power and recognition, they were blinded by the fact that they were only helping themselves and hurting their peers. Alphonsina was the most like Jeffrey, considering she took advantage of her best friend, Jyn, to become Ascended, meaning that she could connect with her "second-self," giving her ultimate strength. Of course, Jyn also became Ascended. However, it was a very much unwanted gift.As Jax once said, "The moment you can become your greatest self is when you stop doubting yourself." Although it was said on impulse, he didn't know how right he was.As sad as he was to see all the Irisolarans die like that, there was still something that everybody missed.