Chapter 2

"Mylo, can I ask you a personal question?" Liam softly asks from my left on the couch as all of us but the chief are watching a movie together; we've all showered and had dinner after arriving back at the station.

"Sure," I murmur, allowing him to snuggle closer into my side, and I wrap my arm around his shoulders. 

"Why are you Micah's guardian?" he innocently asks, snuggling into me.

"My parents died three years ago - our dad was a detective for the Portland PD, and he was shot and killed on duty. I remember Myles and I were home on a visit, as we were 20 years old then and at our last year of college. Micah was 10 years old, and the four of us were having dinner together that night and dad never came like he was supposed too. When dinner was done, two officers arrived to tell us he was dead. Mum committed suicide a month later, she changed their Will and left the three of us everything and the family lawyer, chose me to be his guardian."

By the end, I'm queitly crying and trying to swiftly clean my face free of the tears before anyone noticed, but luck wasn't on my side as Liam snuggles deeper into my side and wipes some tears away, too. 

"I'm sorry, Mylo," he murmurs with a wane smile. 

"Not your fault, Liam," I murmur, giving him my own weak smile. 

"Lo-Lo!" Micah hollers as he rushes into the living room. 

Snapping my head around at his voice, shocked; "Micah, what are you doing here?" 

He throws himself onto my lap, and wraps himself around me and whines into my neck; "I can't sleep."

"Why, love?" I softly ask, as the crew watches us interact intently.

"He's worried about you," Myles says from behind us; turning my head to him, I smile as hie's standing inside the doorway with Markus' bulky body standing protectivily close to my twin. 

"Hey My," I greet before forcusing my attention back on Micah. "Mi, look at me, love."

When he picks his head up, he has tears running down his pale cheeks; "I'm scared you're going to die like daddy. Myles and I cannot loose you, too."

Smiling gently at him, I wipe the tears from his cheeks with my thumbs; "I'm not going anywhere, as I can't leave you and My alone, I promise. I need to see you grow into the wonderful man I know you're going to become. I want to see you and My fall in love and have families. I need to see what kind of trouble you give Myles and me, and then laugh when your kids give you the same trouble."

Micah laughs tearfully, while throwing himself back into me - hugging me so tightly that I almost can't breat, but it's worth it.

"Micah, would you like to stay the night here with us?" Markus asks, his deep voice booms. 

His face snaps up with an excited gasp, and wide eyes at him; "Really? Please, oh please may I?"

Markus grins as he nods; "Of course, as long as Mylo doesn't mind."

"Please Lo-Lo, please let me stay?" he begs bouncing lighly on my legs, and all of us laugh. 

"What if we get a call before Myles can pick him up?"

"I'll met you at the call and if nothing else, call Lane and he'll pick Micah up. I've already talked to him," Myles informs me to my shock.

"Okay, you can stay then," I grin at my younger brother. "But if we go on a call, you have to do exactly as you're told - no questions asked," I seriously tell him. 

"Sure, Lo-Lo," he nods solemenly.

"Why do you call him, 'Lo-Lo'?" Cole asks.

Micah blushes as he realizes everyone is looking at him; "Um, I couldn't say his name when I was little, so I called him 'Lo-Lo', and I've never stopped," everyone but Myles and me 'awe' at him, which causes him to blush even more.