Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Okami-san's POV

My body shook, tears streaked down my cheeks. rain hit the pavement all around me, splashing up into my face. My knees stung where I had collapsed, blood mixing with water. I tried to pull myself out of my pit of desperation, but painful memories just kept resurfacing in my mind. I started to stand up but my knees shook, sending me back to the ground. I sobbed and gave up, knowing that I would be not be able to stand up. Just as I was going to try to crawl to some cover, a voice behind me called out. "Okami-san!" I looked behind me in surprise, waching as Hikaru ran toward me. "What are you doing?" I whispered as Hikaru drew near. "Okami-san, are you ok?" he asked, once he reached me. He quickly helped me up and draped a coat over my shoulders. My hands shakily grabbed at the coat. Shivering, I attempted to stand, only to send myself hurtling into Hikaru's chest. I mumbled an apology but made no moves to try and stand in my own. Hikaru careful wrapped his arms around me. "Hey, my house is close. Let's go there and get you warmed up." He said. I nodded, my face still buried in his chest. I moved away from him and tried to walk on my own but my legs threatened to send me to the ground. Hikaru noticed and grabbed me gently, leaning my body against his. We walked slowly, me shaking slightly against Hikaru.

When we finally reached Hikaru's house (or should I say mansion.), it had stopped raining. Both Hikaru and I were soaking. We stumbled into his mansion and Hikaru quickly waved away the maids that came running up. We climbed up a staircase and made some turns through some halls before finally reaching Hikaru's room. he led me to his bed and tugged the drenched coat off of me. He disappeared behind another door and appeared again, holding a white shirt and some black pants. "Here, change." Hikaru said, heading me the clothes. "The bathroom is over there." He pointed to another door. I stood up slowly and grabbed the clothes and went to the bathroom. I emerged a few minutes later, dressed. Only there was a problem. I was drenched to the bone, which meant my bra was wet. Wet underclothes doesn't go well with thin shirts. The shirt and the pants were too big for me anyways.

"Uh, Hikaru?" I called out. He walked out of the room I assumed to be a walk-in closet, dressed in a sweat shirt and some jeans. As soon as he saw me, his face turned bright red. He threw his hands over his eyes, which I thought was courteous, until I saw him peeking. I blushed and tried to cover my chest, where the bright purple bra I was wearing was showing through my shirt. "I'm s-sorry." Hikaru stuttered. He quickly ran back to the closet and came back out with a black shirt. He handed it to me. He didn't leave the room and I felt too shaky to walk to the bathroom, which resulted in an awkward silence. I turned around slowly and once I was facing the opposite direction, I began to unbutton my shirt. I got about half way down when my fingers started shaking really hard. I fumbled with the buttons but was unable to unbutton any of the remaining buttons.

"H-Hikaru..." I called out. "Huh?" He hadn't moved since I had turned around.

"I'm having a bit of trouble unbuttoning this shirt." I turned slightly to him, "Can you help me?" As soon as the words had left my mouth, my face turned bright red. Hikaru blinked and stared at me, his face turning slightly red by the second.

"Y-yeah, sure." He stuttered out. I faced him and attempted to cover up my chest, which didn't work well, since Hikaru was pulling at the buttons. The shirt slipped off my shoulder and threatened to fall farther down. Just as Hikaru was reaching the last few buttons, the door of the room flew open and in came Kouru. We all froze, mine and Hikaru's faces turning bright red. Kouru slowly backed out of the room.

"I'll leave you to your activities." he said, slowly close the door. At the same time, Hikaru and I yelled at him "It isn't what you think." Hikaru quickly undid the rest of the buttons. I pulled the shirt over my head as fast as I could. I made the mistake of trying to step forward and, yet again, fell into Hikaru's arms. Both our faces were bright red as Hikaru led me to his bed.

"You can stay here until you feel better." he said as he threw some blankets over my shaking body. I nodded softly. He turned to leave but something made me grab the back of his shirt.

"Please stay." I whispered. Hikaru's eyes softened as he gazed down at me. He nodded and moved to the other side of the bed. I felt the bed dip as he laid next to me. A few minutes later, as my consciousness was fading, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.