Chapter 1

"Dude.." I mumbled, I was slightly cranky.
I arrived at the apartment with grocery bags in both of my hands and with a phone over my ears, "Why don't you ask Drew? Isn't he like.." I took a deep breath and spoke louder. "Successor for his family's company?"
   While still having the phone over my ears, I positioned the bags onto the kitchen counters. I bit my lips as Henry shrieked over the phone.
    "Jake! Help me out, I can't pay all these students loans all by myself."
    I coughed slightly. My throats were narrowly sore from singing all day. "Fine..." I sighed unpleasantly. "But you have to pay me back!" I added.
    "DUDE!" Henry shouted loudly, almost making me drop my phone. "Thank you, thank you!"
   "Nope problem..." I answered slightly irritated, "Just please don't yell over the phone again."
    "Jake! You don't know how happy I am right now!" Henry explained over the phone.
    I chuckled slightly to myself as I wandered into my bedroom. "Henry," I turned it up on speaker and put it onto a nearby desk.
   "Ya Jake?" Henry replied as I took off my sweaty shirt.
    "What are you majoring in again?" I inquired as I tossed the shirt into the box restored with my dirty clothing. "Cause you own me quite a lot of money."
   There was a long, awkward pause. I supposed to keep my mouth shut as I put on a fresh shirt.
    "Henry..." I exclaimed, I yanked the phone and realized he hung up. I grunted loudly, I was already exhausted from working all day. I'm so appreciative tomorrow I have a day off.
    I exited out my room and got a cup of coffee. My kitchen was also a jumble of trash, I was awfully busy. I haven't had time to clean up my apartment at all.   
    I seated my cup underneath the coffee machine; I gazed as it filled my cup up with warm brown coffee. I gradually raised it up to my lips and took a sip. It was at the right temperature, while still having the cup in my hand. I walked toward the balcony; I unlocked the glass door and walked out. I leaned onto the balcony and glanced at the beautiful views. I closed my eyes and took another sip from the cup.
    "I miss you..." I whispered to myself. "Hailey... why did you have to abandon me..."
    I gripped onto the cup tightly; I took a deep breath and grinned narrowly. "I wish... I wish you would come back to me.."
    I sought and entered back into the apartment. Instantly I tossed myself onto the couch, my cup of coffee nearly cleared. What do I do now? It's nearly midnight. I snatched the television remote and turned it on to the news channel. I leaned backward and began watching the news. My head was hurting again, I flinched and stood up.
    I made my ways back to the kitchen. I unlocked some cabinets and finally found my medicines. The headache was getting worse, so I struggled to open up the pill bottle. My vision was getting blurry. Thankfully, I opened it up before my eyes closed itself. I took my pills and jugged a bottle of water.
    I banged the bottle onto the counter as I nearly barfed. "Ugh...." I rushed toward the sink. I felt like my stomach was about to erupt itself. Unexpectedly I heard a doorbell, I yanked some tissues and dabbed my mouth.
    "I'm coming!" I exclaimed angrily as whoever outside was still ringing the bell.
    I stomped toward the door and peeped out from the peephole. I scowled and backed up. They are here. Hailey is here..
    "Jake! Open up this damn door!" I heard Zander's voice, "Come on! It's getting cold out here!"
    I pinched myself, OUCH. Oh my lord, it's real. I instantly ran back to the door and peeped out again.
    "H-How did you know where I lived?" I asked nervously.
    Zander crossed his hands as I glanced at the girl. It was Hailey who was in Zander's jacket. "Well. We have our ways. Now let us in or else we will find a way in."
   I frowned again and looked down into the door handle. My hand twitched as I reached for the door handle. Click. The doors were unlocked, Zander opened the door as I stood there staring at them.
"Um.." Hailey piped up. There was a scarf around her neck. "Hey Jake, long time no see."