Chapter 2

"H-how do you know where I live?" I repeated myself, I was scarcely stunned and shocked. Zander glared at me evilly.
       Hailey grinned slightly. She placed her hand onto her scarf. "Jake," just by saying my name. I feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. "Can we..." she paused and bit her lips. "Talk inside?"
      I looked at her and then inside of my apartment. "That wouldn't be a good idea-"
      "Jake." Zander declared. He crossed his hands and glared at me. "We don't care what you will say. Just let us in."
      "Zander!" Hailey scowled at Zander as he rolled his eyes. "My apology," Hailey apologized as she turned her attention toward me. I was narrowly disoriented. "But, can we please go inside?"
      I sighed and stepped aside. "Thank you," Hailey answered. Her eyes loosened up. She smiled slightly and looked at Zander. "Come on, you were the one who said you didn't want to stay in a hotel."
      Zander snorted loudly and stomped into my apartment. I watched him closely. Something fishy was happening.
      "Jake?" Hailey suddenly appeared next to me. "Are you- "she attempted to touch me.
      "I-I'm fine." I whacked her hand away. My hands were trembling. "Sorry... I..."
      Hailey gave me a sympathetic smile, "It's fine." She acknowledged. "I promise I will tell you why we are here."
       I tilted my head slightly, trying not to make any eye contact with Hailey. "Sorry," I apologized again. "It's been so long since we last saw each other."
      Suddenly, we both heard an outburst from the kitchen. "WHY IS IT SUCH A MESS HERE?" Zander shouted from the kitchen. "Jake," Zander peeped out from a corner.         "When was the last time you cleaned your kitchen?"
      I winced slightly and laughed nervously. "Um... maybe.. um.. about 2 weeks ago?"
      Zander glared at me with those cold eyes of his, I continued to laugh nervously. Hailey placed her hand onto my shoulder. "Zander, give Jake a break."
      "Um.. ya! Give me a break." I attempted to put some energy in my voice. But failed badly.
      Zander chuckled slightly, "Fine.." he replied with a smile. "I will clean your kitchen and you can't stop me!" Zander immediately returned into the kitchen.
      There was a long pause, "Well..." Hailey interrupted the silence. "Do you want to talk?"
      I hesitated and looked into her eyes. "Sure thing, princess," I responded as I grabbed her by the shoulder.
      Hailey laughed slightly, "There is the old Jake I know."
After that, we made our way toward the couch. The news was still broadcasting, "Jake..." Hailey suddenly said my name as she threw herself onto the couch. She started talking, but I couldn't force it, it had been 10 years since we last saw each other. She was beautiful as alway, I felt like my heart skipped a beat.