Chapter 3

I sat next to Hailey as she watched the news. I shifted awkwardly around the couch, "So..." I spoke up as she looked at me. "You haven't told me the reasons why you are here."
She smiled and placed her hand onto my shoulder. "Sorry," she apologized. "We can't tell you. But could we stay at your place for a few weeks?"
I grinned slightly, "Fine. But you gotta help me clean my place."
She glared at me and smirked. "Aren't Zander doing that right now?"
I laughed awkwardly, "Oh ya. Sorry."
"No need to apologize," Hailey responded.
We then continued to watch the news. It seems like lately more places are getting robbed and more victims were killed at it. I sighed and stood up from the couch, Hailey looked up at me. "Where are you-"
"Bathroom." I blurted out as I rushed toward the bathroom.
I slammed the door behind me, my head started to hurt again. I groaned loudly as I reached for the cabinet underneath the sink. While maintaining the pain, I grabbed a pill bottle and looked at the label.
"Pain Killer..." I readied out loud. I couldn't tell if it really pained killers. The words were flying off the label.  I popped it open and took a pill. I slammed the pill bottle onto the sink as I dropped onto the floor.
I felt my vision getting blurry, I felt like the world was spinning. With all the strength I had left, I grabbed my phone and called my father.

       Hailey POV:

      I looked at the bathroom door anxiously. Is Jake going to be ok? I felt the urge to check on him. Just as I was about to stand up, I heard Zander's voice.
       "Hailey, I don't think so."   
       "Zander!-"
       He shook his head and raised his phone. I was confused until I read what was on it.
"Is that-"
       Zander nodded his head. "Jake's father is sending us Jake's doctor appointment."
       I bit my lips and sat down onto the couch. "Did you tell his father not to pay us?"
       Zander nodded his head. "But he is still sending money to our bank account."
       I groaned loudly, I looked at the TV and then back at Zander. My eyelids were heavy, we were on the plane for quite a long time.
       "When is it?" I asked.
       "Tomorrow morning around 10 AM." Zander responded as he looked at his phone. "We should get him out of the house around 9 AM."
       I smiled slightly, "Sure. Could you cook us something? I'm quite hungry,"
       Zander put his phone down and rolled his eyes, "Oh sure your 'highness.'"
       I laughed slightly as he walked back into the kitchen.

   Jake's POV:

       "Dad...?"
       "Jake?" I heard my father's voice. "Is everything ok?"
       I sighed quietly, "Please..." I began as my voice trembled. "Tell me the truth,"
       "Jake, I'm sorry..." my father apologized, "I-I can't. Not yet..."
       I sat there in silence, the bathroom floor was cold. It felt like I was locked away.  "Please..." I repeated myself as my vision became blurry. "Tell me-"
       I lost balance and fell onto the floor. My head was going crazy, everything was spinning.
       "Jake?!" I heard my father's voice. "Jake?!"
       Slowly his voice was drowned by drips of water, my eyes were getting heavy. "Hail...."
       Just before I fully knocked out, I heard a click. I couldn't identify the voice. But I knew it was Hailey.
       "Jake!" I heard the voice.
       "Your gonna be fine, the pill you took were sleep-"
       The voice was drowned away. I was alone once again, the drips of water continue until I fully knocked out.