For Baltimore

I'm Ellie... I finally decided to move back home to Baltimore. I don't remember much about it, the state took my from her brother when she was young. Something about my other brother killing himself so the state decided I needed a better home. I was only 14 and I didn't want to remember any of my life that'd been stripped away from me.

My name was Elizabeth, but everyone called me Effie. Once the state took me, they weren't going to have anything to do with "Effie" so I became "Ellie". My parents live in England, but when my oldest brother was 18, the 3 of us moved to Baltimore. Not knowing much about my family anymore, I know I had a connection to Baltimore and had to find out everything I could. I was 17 years old, I had to leave that ridiculous hell hole I was forced to call my house.

As soon as I got to Baltimore, a lot of memories started coming back to me. I soon found a nearby park and sat to cry.
All of this was just too much for me to handle. Tom being my older brother, we found him out in this field... He was dead. Not knowing what to do, my brother called 9-1-1. I laid in the field having a panic attack as all the police and ambulance vehicles drove up. As soon as I stopped flailing around and screaming, I was stuffed into the back of a cop car and drove to the city court.

Remembering that night, watching it play out in my head, it was all too much. I soon remembered exactly where we found Tom, and I went and laid right where we found him. I sobbed remembering all the times we had together. I knew I had to get out of that field before someone found me having another panic attack.

I asked someone how I could find a place to keep my stuff, at least until I found a place to stay... He looked a little familiar so I figured I could trust him.

He proceeded to tell me that he's in a band, but he's looking for a roommate- someone's going to need to be there when they're on tour. "I'm Alex Gaskarth.. And you are?"

•Alex's point of view•

As soon as I saw her, I knew it had to be Effie, but there was no way I was going to tell her that. She was obviously upset about Tom, I saw her in that field. I don't even know how much she remembers of us.
"I'm Ellie... Ellie, uh, I don't have a last name..." She said as she blushed a little bit, embarrassed to not even know her name.
I asked her what she meant by that and she told me the whole story of what happened to her.
"You can stay at my place... No need to pay rent." I told her, knowing it was Effie and she'd been through way too much.

•Ellie's pov•
Who is this crazy man that he would let me stay in his home for free? I guess he must know me, he looks so damn familiar.
"Uhm.. Ef-Ellie?" Alex mumbled, "I'll take you back to my place now, if you'd like.. My little sister left Baltimore a few years ago, you can stay in her room if you want." He said as his voice shook.

Could I be his little sister? I left Baltimore a few years ago.. Why else would he be so shaky? What's going on...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading my story.. I hope you're enjoying it. I'll try to keep this story updated as much as possible. I hope this chapter was a good length.