Chapter 2: Pranaya

"In the end you become part of everything you hate, basically."

- Ray Davies

"Slow Aakash. Go Slow" whispered an exasperated Pranaya.

But Aakash was not in a mood to slow down. He was excited and happy, and Pranaya felt it inside her, as Aakash was hammering and thrusting Pranaya in bed.

Men can't hide their feelings at all, thought Pranaya. Without saying a single word, everything leaks out of them. Pranaya slept with four different guys - men and boys, and she had the same experience. More or less, all men are the same.

She again felt a jolt, like something pinching her between legs, and again she told Aakash to slow down, but Aakash thought that it was a disguised request to go faster, and Pranaya must be enjoying it, and he thrust faster and harder. Pranaya was moaning now, with pain and not pleasure, but Aakash couldn't decipher that. And just when Pranaya thought that her pleasure-less pain was getting unbearable, Aakash finished and sighing with long and tiring breaths; he fell over Pranaya, exhausted and empty.

Pranaya felt a cooling sensation when Aakash finished, and the pain and the sting that she felt earlier was not there anymore. Then slowly Pranaya realized, Aakash had finished inside her. She pushed Aakash disgustingly and went to the washroom, leaking.

"I told you Aakash not to cum inside me." yelled Pranaya from the washroom.

Aakash was browsing his phone while Pranaya yelled at him.

"I'm sorry. I was going to stop, but somehow, it just happened." squeaked Aakash in his mousy voice.

Pranaya walked out of the washroom and saw Aakash was on the bed, lying naked with the phone in his hands. His semi bald head gleaming in the light. For a 45-year-old, Aakash looked younger if not for his slight bald head and the mustache. While Pranaya was nearing 26, Aakash was moving towards his 50 in a few years.

She started dressing up angrily, yanking up her clothes and pulling them hard.

"Hey, aren't you going to wait?" Aakash asked, noticing Pranaya dressing up.

"NO!" Pranaya almost shouted, "I would have waited, had you not finished inside me!"

"Oh come on, Pranaya. It was a mistake. Why don't you take a pill?" said Aakash.

Without replying, Pranaya picked her stuff, banged the door, and left ignoring Aakash's protests.

She walked out of the hotel and took a cab to her home. She was furious, and the angry goddess had overtaken her logical thinking brain, and impulsively she had booked a taxi. Traveling from Navi Mumbai to Mumbai was expensive, owing to the traffic. She didn't care and had enough today. Aakash consistently defied her, and she hated it. Last time when they slept together, she had told Aakash to use protection, but he didn't, neither did he use this time, and to top it off, he finished inside her! It annoyed her to think she could get pregnant.

Of course, she has pills. She took a pill every three weeks. For someone like Pranaya who slept with four guys, she had made it a habit to carry the birth control pills in her purse like headache pills. She popped one of them sitting in the cab.

The cab was passing over the Vashi bridge that connects Old Mumbai and Navi Mumbai. Both of them were a part of the same city Mumbai, but one was an egotist rich brat while the other was a mature down-to-earth gentleman. The two very different faces of the city were like two different hemispheres of the brain connected by the corpus callosum, and the Vashi bridge was the Corpus Callosum, which joined the two parts. It was an old two-lane bridge built long back as a part of Mankhurd-Belapur connection - one situated in Old Mumbai and other in New Mumbai. It was a time when Old Mumbai was disconnected from Navi Mumbai. Today, although the two parts were connected, people in respective parts are not.