I; Something Powerful

Chapter 1
  Third Person

    RIC JOGGED DOWNSTAIRS, walking towards the kitchen where Damon was helping Elena cook her family chili for the Lockwood potluck party. 

Damon glanced up at the Gilbert guardian as he walked in, passing the threshold, “Hey Ric.”

“What's up?” Alaric responds back to the dark-haired Salvatore. 

“What time do you want to go to the Lockwood party?” The brunette doubleganger asked as she counties to chop the vegetable.

“Ah, after I'm done school shopping with Indigo but I'm to warn you, those founders parties aren't really my thing.” Elena tilts her head,  giving Ric a look. 

“Show up, there's going to be nine other people that brought chili.”

“It's an old family recipe,” The oldest Gilbert reacts, looking at the vampire. “Okay?”

“Yeah! I know.” He saunters towards Elena, standing closely behind her. “I knew your old family. They made sucky chili.” He grabs the knife from the brunette's hand. Elena gave him a look and he gazed back at her smiling; she giggles bumping shoulders with him as Alaric watching the two. 

His blue eyes stopped at Elena. “Did you noticed anything different with Indi?” Ric asked the teenager.

“Yeah, she was just standing there with this dazed look on her face,” Elena sigh. “I don't know. She just looked lost and confused.”

“Maybe she was — you know” Damon put his index finger and his thumb together, implying she was high. 

Elena shook her head, “No... Indigo wouldn't.”

Damon shrugged his shoulders then says, “With a name like that, I wouldn't pass it against her. Are you planning on telling her–”

“Yes,” Elena cut him off, exhaling through her puff cheeks. “It's just so much have been going on” She looked at the handsome vampire. “I'm gonna tell her just need to found the right time.”

“Well tell her sooner than later, remember how you felt when–” She cut the vampire off once again. 

“I remember. I'm going to tell her Damon.” She throws him a tight quick smile then rolls her eyes.

Why is he all in my case, I'm going to tell her, The brunette told herself.

“Why are you here, exactly?” Ric asked; changing the focus of the conversation.

“She knows.” He nodded towards Elena's direction.

“He thinks I'm going to break. I'm not going to break. I am just going to keep making chili...” She marginally shakes her head. “Pretend like I didn't just spend the entire summer looking for someone who didn't want to be found.”

“She's in denial,” Damon whispers.

She looked at him and grumbles, “I'm not in denial.” Through tight teeth.

“No?” Damon Salvatore stopped chopping; dropping the knife. He looked at the dishonesty doubleganger and whirls his body to her. The doubleganger copied. Damon stepped a bit closer to her; touching the necklace Stefan had given her. “You're still wearing this necklace.” Elena looked down at it, taking in a deep inhale. “Isn't this a reminder of your unbreakable bond with Stefan?” Damon stepped back slowly. “Hello, Indigo!”

Alaric turned seeing Indigo walking towards the kitchen slowly, looking troubled.

“Uh, hi.” She spoke and gave a quick but hesitant smile. She couldn't believe it Mat, Nina, and Ian Somerhalder standing there, in front of her. She acknowledged that she was losing her mind.