Growltiger Deserved Death

basically i started writing this just to have griddlebone kill growltiger but i never got past one chapter

also misto seems ooc but in growltigers last stand hes apparently terrified of growltiger and faints whenever growltiger is mentioned 

The water was calm that night, so the crew had gotten to sleep for once. Normally, Growltiger, the Captain of the ship, would make them do shifts. Half would sleep, while the other half was up on deck, manning the ship.

Currently, Growltiger himself was up on deck. He had seen the calm waters earlier and decided that he was going to do everything himself.

It was quite strange for the crew to all be sleeping at once. They normally only had two places set up to sleep, for there were only five of them and three were awake at a time.

So it had taken them a bit to clear up the room to make space for more sleeping areas.

Even now, the arrangements were a bit strange.

Skimbleshanks had his own corner, had insisted on it actually. He continuously repeated that he had a wife and arranged boxes and crates of who-knows what, so that his little corner housed him and him alone.

On the other side of Skimbleshanks boxes, the two brothers, Munkustrap and Rum Tum Tugger, were forced to share a sleeping area. They had always made sure in the past to never work the same night shift, as Tugger got on Munkustraps nerves so much that the two would wake the whole ocean with their arguing. Now, they slept with their backs to each other. The remains of anger lingered on their faces even as they slept.

The last sleeping arrangement was an awkward one. Alonzo and Quaxo were not close, and only occasionally talked. They would have preferred to not be sleeping next to each other, but the tiny storage room on the tiny ship only permitted so many boxes to be moved a certain way. If the two men wanted to stretch out comfortably, they would have to share a space.

There they were, sleeping as peacefully as five men shoved into the same small room on a boat could sleep, when there was a shout.

Of course, the only one who actually heard this first shout was Quaxo, for he is always alert and ready to jump at any movement on the ship. If he's being completely honest, he would say that he's terrified of being on a pirate crew, but Quaxo never expressed anything through words.

Either way, that first shout woke Quaxo, and he bolted upright. There were no other sounds, and he started to lay back down, only to be jolted back up by the pounding of feet.

"Eep!" He squeeked, cowering against the boxes, as the door swung open and almost hit him.

Growltiger, the self-proclaimed 'Terror of the Seas', stood. For a minute, only his outline showed, and Quaxo coward against the crates of junk, before the large man leaned forward. He shoved his ugly face in front of the young man and screamed,

"This crew 'had better be awake soon, unless you idiots want to be attacked by another' ship!"

Quaxo all but faints, and is happy when the Captain turns to go kick the other men fully awake.

Slowly but surely, the others begin to stir. The crew had already been dressed, not taking off their garb in the first place, so all that was left to do was find weapons in the mess of the ship.

Sure, Growltiger always claimed he was the 'Terror of the Seas', but for all three years that the crew had been working with him, they had never seen him in action. The most that the pirates did was steal junk and trinkets from small towns; there had never been a raid on another ship before, they had never found buried treasure, and they had never killed another pirate.