Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning to Loki shaking me.

"What do you want?"

"I thought we could get some practice early without Thor."

"Get out so I can get dressed. I'll meet you at the pasture." I told him. He nodded and left. I got up and grabbed some of my training clothes. I got changed and ran outside. It was still dark. I made a ball of fire in my palm and used it to light my way. I made it to the pasture in a minute. I heard a sizzling and ducked just in time for it to miss my head. I stood up and fire bloomed in my hand. I looked around and saw nothing.

I heard the sizzling again and I turned to where it sounded like it was coming from. I saw a ball of fire coming towards me. I ducked again, but this time it grazed my shoulder. I put my hand to the ground and saw where the assailant was. I pulled the ground around the person and encased them in stone. I walked to where the mound was and punched a hole in it. Inside was Loki.

"You jackass. I thought I was in danger." he just laughed

"Well fuck this then. I'm going back to bed." I started to walk off.

"Wait. Don't leave me here. I'm sorry. I just wanted to see what you would do when attacked."

"Well you could have done it better than just attacking me. What would have happened if Thor were her. He would know that I could earthbend and then where would we be. Now I'm going to go back to bed. I'll be back in a few hours."

"Wait please. Don't leave me here. It's uncomfortable and hot in here."

"You deserve that. I'll be back later." I covered up the hole and then went back to the castle. Thor was awake and I ran into him outside my door.

"Nym! What are you doing up?"

"I wanted to practice a little bit before anyone else was awake. Why are you up?"

"Couldn't sleep. Hey do you know where Loki is."

"Nope, no idea. Have you checked the library?"

"Yeah. Not in there. I'll find him though. I'll see you later."

"Yeah. See you." I walked back into my room and laid back down. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. It wasn't working. I tried for another 5 minutes, but it didn't work. I got back up and went into my bathroom. I grabbed my hip flask and refilled it. When it was full, I screwed the cap back on. I looked in the mirror. My hair was a mess and my ears stuck out completely. I brushed my hair back and looked at my ears. They had always looked weird. They were long and pointy. No one else on Asgard had ears like me. Not even my parents.

"Nymia!" I heard Mother calling my name. I guess it was time for our training. I walked out of the bathroom. Mother was standing by my bed.

"It's time for training. Do you know where Loki is? I haven't seen him all morning."

"No. I have no idea. He's probably out training though. Have you checked there."

"Yes. I have, but he'll show up. He would never miss a lesson."

"I'm sure he'll be there now." We walked out to the training yard and of course he wasn't there.

"Well I guess he'll just miss this lesson." Thor said

"I guess so. Okay children. First things first, sparring. Begin." The match went well until I tripped and almost used my earthbending to slow Thor down. I stopped myself just in time, but he pinned me to the ground with his hand around my throat.

"You did better this time Nymia, but you could still do better. Next time try to use your firebending more. Don't be hesitant to hurt Thor." I nodded. The rest of training was really uneventful. After lunch, I took Thor with me to the site I trained with Loki. He was still there encased in stone.