The Long Tale

Authors Note:

I'm only going off what happened in the show and what I've heard. I've only watched a few episodes for research purposes, so someone please tell me if I get something wrong. Thanks.

"Get comfortable everyone, this is gonna be a long story." Sonic said.

Tangle suddenly looked up. "Hey, green guys back."

The rest of the group looked over to see Manic standing there looking confused. "What'd I miss?"

Sonic sighed. "I was about to tell them about my past. Wanna join?"

"Ok, why not?" Manic replied.

"So, let me tell you all a story."

"Sonic, we asked for your past, not a story." Shadow said seriously.

"Well, in order to understand my past, I need to tell the story. So, sit back down and shush, Edge Lord."

Shadow sat back down and everyone turned their attention back to Sonic.

"Ok, so. There once was a beautiful kingdom called Mobotropolis. It was ruled by King Jules and Queen Aleena the hedgehog. Everything was going great, until one day an evil man by the name of Dr. Robotnick tried to take over the kingdom with his technology. The king and a few of his best guards went to stop him, but were never seen again. A few weeks later, Queen Aleena have birth to the royal triplets." He started. "But, Robotnick didn't stop there. He was slowly starting to take over the kingdom."

Just then, Manic chimed in. "Yeah, things were horrible. He even stole Uncle Chucks invention before it was even finished."

"What use would he have for an unfinished invention?" Tails asked.

"Well, it was originally supposed to be for those who lost a limb or something. They would just step into the machine and come out with a robotic replacement, but Robotnick reprogrammed it. Now, anyone that goes into it, comes out as a robot." Manic explained.

"Anyway, things were looking bad. So, Aleena went to the Oracle of Delphius, who gave her a prophecy. The prophecy went like this;
Triplets born,
The throne awaits.
A seer warns of a deadly fate.
Give up your children, separate.
Bide your time, lie and wait." Sonic said.

"What does that mean exactly?" Tangle asked as she stared at Sonic in confusion.

"Here, let me break it down." Manic said. "It basically means the triplets were born as heirs to the throne. The 'seer' person was the Oracle, who warned Aleena about what she had to do. After that, she was forced to go into hiding, but not before giving up her children."

"Manic's right. The youngest was supposed to go to a rich family in the city, but he was taken by a group of thieves who raised him. The second oldest went to a wealthy family in the countryside, where she was taught how to be proper. Finally, the oldest child went to a middle class family in the outskirts of the kingdom, though his frosted parents sadly were taken by Robotnick. Shortly after, he started living with his uncle Chuck." Sonic added.

"Wait, Sonic didn't you say you were basically raised by your uncle?" Tails asked.

"Oh, Uncle Chuck? Yeah, why?"

"So, did you know this Prince guy?" Tails questioned.

"Something like that. It's pretty complicated." Sonic replied.

"Anyway, so one day, the Oracle went and spoke with the oldest and told him he had siblings." Manic said. "And then the three of them met up and went on adventures. They eventually found there mother, who helped them take down Robotnick. But Robotnick fled. The oldest didn't want him to hurt anybody else, so he went after Robotnick and became known as the fastest thing alive."

The last few words that Manic said went everyone into a shock. Knuckles quickly noticed.

"Great Manic, you broke them."

"It's not my fault that your friends can't handle a little shock."

"A little shock? Manic, they just found out Sonic's a prince." Knuckles replied.

The others were just plain shocked at the news. Sonic, who they thought they knew everything about turned out to be a prince this whole time and told no one.

Hey everyone, GachaStory_Maker here.

Sorry it took so long to update, a few things came up. I'll try to stay more consistent with the updates.

Bye!