Chapter 8

Michael's POV

It's been a week since we signed on to rise as a band. We've met up every day this week.

I got a text from Tyler.

"Meet up at my house at six?"

I replied and said that's cool.

That's weird, we usually do meet ups at my house.

I killed time by writing some lyrics.

I find that writing lyrics with someone else is easier. You get the help with coming up with the words to use, but it can also be difficult because of differences between which lyric should go where. Sometimes it's hard, but most of the time it's easy. Coming up with lyrics with someone else is easy, but placing lyrics with someone else is difficult.

It came around six and I headed over to Tyler's house. When I got there, no one else's car was in the drive way.

I went inside.

"I'm here!" I shouted.

I didn't get a response.

There was a note on the coffee table. I picked it up.

"I'm sorry.

~Tyler"

"Tyler!" I yelled.

I took off in a dead sprint to his bedroom. I'll never forget the sight of what was in his room. His small body hanging from his ceiling fan.

"No, no, no!" I screamed.

I removed the rope from his neck. He wasn't gone. He was gagging when I got him on the ground and started hitting his chest.

"Don't you fucking leave me, Tyler! Don't you fucking leave me."

I've never given CPR, but I tried my damn best. I called an ambulance and they got here within five minutes.

"Why, Tyler? Why'd you do it?" I asked, even though he couldn't hear me or respond to me.

I held him close to me, saying over and over: "Don't leave me."

He was put on a stretcher and loaded into the ambulance. I held his hand the entire way to the hospital.

I don't cry very often, but right now, I'm sobbing. I can not lose him.

His neck was bruised and his face was swollen and purple.

I've tried to help him, but he won't try to help himself. I want to be able to love him, but he won't let me. I told him I wouldn't give up on him, though. I'm not going to do that.

Sky called me.

"Hey." I said.

Hey, any plans to meet up?

"Didn't you get Tyler's text?"

No?

"What?"

Why? What's going on?

"Tyler hung himself. I just found him in his house. He's still alive, but-"

Whoa, whoa. What the hell are you talking about?

"He texted me and said 'Meet up at my house at six?' I went to his house and I found him in his room. Sky, I don't know if he's going to make it."

Don't say that man. Hey, I'll get the others and we'll be there as soon as possible.

"Okay."

I hung up.

I don't understand why he didn't message the others. Did he want me to be the one to find him there? Why me?

Usually I'm late to meet ups that aren't at my house. For some reason I wasn't late to this one. And damn, I'm grateful I wasn't. If he were to have been there any longer, he would have had no hope of surviving.

I don't understand why he would do this or why he would want to.