Chapter 11

Tyler's POV

My doctor is putting me on anti-depressants and my family is putting me in a mental institution. I don't want to sit alone in a mental institution. Aren't the anti-depressants enough? Isn't the fake happiness enough?

Michael knows that I don't want to be placed in an institution and he's trying to talk them out of it. My family doesn't listen, though. They think I'm crazy and that I need help. I can't complain about them thinking I'm crazy, it's not fault they think that. If I wouldn't have tried to kill myself, I wouldn't get put in an institution. I should have stayed strong like Rachel would have wanted me to. She wouldn't want me like this. She wouldn't want me to hurt like this. She would want me to be happy.

Michael came into my hospital room.

"I need to talk to you." He said.

He sat next to me.

"They're going to take you, Tyler."

"No," I mumbled and hid my face in my pillow.

"I tried." He said. "I really did. I tried to tell them you don't need it. They wouldn't listen."

Michael hugged me and I held on to him for a while. I love his hugs. I love when he forces himself close to me. I love when he kisses my forehead and my neck. He does that a lot.

I love everything about him. I love him. I really do.

Michael's POV

I don't want him to go. I won't be able to see him because the institution he's going to only allow family to visit. I pleaded with his family. I told them I could help him. I wanted to tell them so bad how much his happiness means to me. But, they would assume things. Tyler hasn't come out to his family yet and I have no right to come out for him.

The next week or so without Tyler is going to be tough.

Ty's POV

I'm not usually one to care, but Tyler and Michael need to be more than friends. More than best friends.

Tyler is depressed and I know that Michael can change that. Michael can take his pain away, I know it.

I'm worried about what will happen to the band in the next week. Things are going to change.

I've known Tyler for a while and he has a tendency to push people away. I'm not letting him push us away. We're going to be here for him, whether he wants that or not.