Uno

MY mind's occupied until warm arms embraced me from behind.

"Good morning," he said and gave me a peck on my lips.

"Morning. You can wait at the table, breakfast is almost done." I said and lowered the heat.

I gave him his coffee and waited for the food to be well-cooked.

I turned off the heat and transferred the food into a platter and put it on the table.

"That's why I prefer to sleep here. I get to see you when I wake up and someone cooks for me." He said and kissed the back of my palm.

I look at him lovingly, "then hire me as your personal chef." I joked but he just smiled.

Oh, how I love that smile.

His smile that captured my attention the first time I saw him.

"But I prefer you to be my wife."

I smiled as a response. He never failed to give me this romantic excitement.

"Eat." I said and took a bite on my toast.

I only cooked heavy meal for him because I'm not a heavy eater for breakfast. I prefer coffee and toast as my breakfast.

"Anyway, are you going to work today?" I asked.

"Nope," he answered emphasizing the sound of 'p'. "Tomorrow."

"I'll drive you off to work today." He added.

"No need. You should get some rest. You just arrived early in the morning."

But because he's stubborn, he shook his head.

"I'll get some after I've driven you to work."

"Fine, fine." I said in surrender.

I went near him and ruffled his hair and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"I'll go take a bath first. Leave your plate on the sink, I'll wash it later." I said and patted his shoulder.

He spent his night here because he came here directly from his seminar in Italy.

Adam Anthony Gomez.

He was my schoolmate back in college. A med student and now a doctor, a pediatrician to be exact. The first time I saw him was when I was reading a book under a tree. He's laughing with his friends on one of the benches. I still remember the way he laughed, the way he smiled, and how he captured my attention back then.

I was an average student back then, a girl with bangs and glasses with my nose stuck on a book.

Until a cliche event happened, he bumped into me. I was utterly nervous because he's my senior, a year ahead from me. I was a sophomore back then.

My books fell down as well as my nerdy like glasses. I don't know where it landed but I quickly picked my books.

'I'll find my glasses later.' I thought.

Just when I was about to run when he nudged me. He's handing my eyeglasses while smiling at me. My heart's beating fast! I don't know if it is because he's my senior or because he's smiling at me.

Nevertheless, I picked eyeglasses from his hand and immediately wear it. I muttered 'thanks' and exited quickly.

My peaceful college life went hills when he started following me around. He appears out of nowhere like a mushroom. I even found him roaming around our neighborhood, though he said that he was just walking around because he likes the air breeze of our neighborhood.