Cuatro

I woke up feeling the hot rays of the sun passing through my windows.

'He's gone' I thought when I saw the empty space beside me.

I went to the bathroom and took a bath before heading to the kitchen. There's a long-stemmed red rose and a note on the table.

Good morning my beautiful wife. I already went off to work. I didn't bother waking you up since you're tired from last night. I already cooked your breakfast. Eat well, my love.

-Adam

A smile slowly formed on my lips.

"Will you allow me to love you for a thousand years?" He asked slowly opening the velvet box.

"Adam..." I whispered not sure what will I say.

My eyes began to get teary. His eyes are full of hope and love.

"From your admirer, friend, and your lover. Will you marry me?"

Slowly, I nodded. "Yes," I answered. "Yes, of course! I will marry you."

He inserted the ring on my finger and tightly embraced me. I felt his shoulder shaking and him sniffing. My baby is crying.

Gently, I caressed his back.

"Sorry. I'm just very happy. I thought you would say 'no'." He said chuckling and crying at the same time.

I wiped his tears and neared my face to his. "Why would you think that?"

"Because I'm afraid that you're not ready yet."

I smiled at his response and kissed the tip of his nose.

"You're my first and will definitely my last." I said.

He slowly closed the distance between us.

The kiss lasted for a minute. It was slow and full of love at the same time. I can feel his overflowing happiness.

Our lips parted, "I love you Thalia Margarette. I love you more than anyone else in this world," he said directly staring to my eyes.

"I love you too Adam Anthony. You're the only man I want to spend the rest of my life with," I said.

He didn't reply anything instead, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me body closer.

I dialled his number and after a few rings, he answered.

"Good morning, wife." He greeted.

"Good morning, my love." I greeted back.

"Thanks for the... early surprise." I said and slightly laughed.

"Start getting used to it." He chuckled.

"But that's my job, not yours."

"No. You're job is to take care of our children."

I remember that I haven't told him about my pregnancy yet. I forgot to tell him last night.

"Um... What time are you coming home?"

"Today's Tuesday so, maybe around five. Why?"

"Could you buy me some oranges?"

"Sure. Anything else?"

"None. Just oranges."

"Alright."