Two ☾ ☽ Jungle

"I feel too cold to live, too young to die." - X Ambassadors

Two ☾☽ Jungle

Things didn't get better for me there. Before I could ask the endless flow of questions that suddenly rushed forth in my mind, hands suddenly grabbed onto me, a bag flew over my head, and I was roughly pushed into the back of the black van. I didn't attempt to fight, the image of the muzzle of the gun still etched into my brain. However, as the gloved hands latched onto my biceps, I noticed something-

Their grip was light as a feather.

I was utterly confused. As the mysterious figures dragged and hauled me into the back of their van, it merely felt as if the wind was brushing up against my back. It felt as if I could simply brush them off like a bug on my shoulder. I knew they were at least making an effort by the sounds of their grunts and heavy breathing. I followed their actions, moving my body where and how they wanted until I was cramped inside what I supposed was the trunk of the car.

Vampire

The haunting word bounced off the corners of my mind, only stirring more confusion into me. Here I was being basically kidnapped at gun point and called a vampire- an undead creature of the night that feasted on the blood of innocent beings. I shifted uncomfortably, realizing I was still in fact doused in that blood. I sniffed the air cautiously, preparing myself for the onslaught of hunger that would hit me if I were a vampire. Although nothing happened. No uncontrollable desire to lick up the blood I was in or craving to plunge my canine teeth into the two bodies pressed up to me. All that I smelt was the fresh, pine aroma of a new car.

Why were my kidnappers addressing me as a vampire?

I was almost positive that vampires didn't exist, and if they did, I would definitely not be one. That would involve me wanting to drink the blood of my victims, and I was currently grossed out by that substance even touching me. Baffled, I ran my tongue over my teeth. Everything was perfectly normal with thirty-two regular teeth. No freakishly long canine teeth meant for bloodsucking currently resided in my mouth.

"Um," I spoke up suddenly, my body tilting slightly as the car took a sharp turn. "I think you might have the wrong dude."

My voice came out muffled due to the bag, but an answer came back quickly.

"We don't make mistakes, vampire. I would suggest you cut the playing dumb act. It might easier for you," the same deep voice rumbled, obviously annoyed.

I huffed in annoyance at the use of that word.

"Could you not call me that!" I snapped. "I don't know how many times I have to nail in your thick skull that I have no clue what you are talking about. I'm not some vampire. I'm just a confused teenage who woke up covered in blood and would really appreciate some answers as well."

Suddenly, the bag was ripped from my head, revealing a pissed of man, the black mask he wore previously was also gone. His round face was scrunched in anger as he peered at me closely. I could practically feel the fury rolling of the guy in waves.

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut.

After a drawn out second, the man grunted and pulled back, plopping next to the other figure also cramped into the trunk. She was a girl with short spiked black hair and narrow, calculating green eyes. I shifted uncomfortably under her heavy gaze.

"Where exactly are you taking me?"

The man lifted his nose haughtily, crossing his arms over his chest and adverting his gaze. The girl sighed at the man's childish antics.