Three ☾ ☽ In This Life

"And I ain't got no time for brustle with the phony brother, and no time for a false lover. I come by what I want in this life." - Elise Testone

Three ☾☽ In This Life

I regretted my decisions and cursed at my rotten luck. In the mess of my mind, it seemed like a breeze to stroll into the office of a Headmaster of an exclusive, creepy academy for supernatural beings, only hours after waking up in a pool of blood, realizing I had no idea who I was, and being kidnapped- or saved according to my takers. To add on that mile high list, I apparently was a vampire and in danger of being murdered by vampire hunters.

In reality, I should of had a complete mental breakdown from the unbearable and sudden stress. At the very least, I should of screamed and attempted to make a break for it but no. Here I was, flinging open the door of Headmaster V-something's office, fully re-energized and ready for things to finally make sense.

As I told you before, my luck isn't the best.

My first reaction as I set foot into the cold, dark room is that I am going to die. Despite the chill running through the room and the lack of some light, the office seems like your average day square office room with cream colored walls, bookcases overflowed with dusty books, and a desk in the middle. Completely ordinary considering the the circumstances I was in. However, the feeling that instantly sliced through me was dreadful. Goosebumps rose on my arms and my heart raced frantically as if I was only seconds from death. My body froze, my mouth went dry, and my throat closed up.

Holy crap.

There was a man at the desk, his face partially hidden in the shadows and his elbows gently resting on the arms of the chair. I took a gulp, suddenly extremely uncomfortable and cautious around the strange, silent man. In the dark, his smile shined bright like a lone flicker of fire, shrouded in darkness.

"Finally," the man began, his voice like a rumble of thunder. "I was growing more curious by the second."

I looked at the man wearily. Although he was sitting, I could tell that he was quite tall. He had sharp features and narrow eyes much like the girl with spiky hair. Unusually, the man's skin was like porcelain- white and completely free of any blemishes. It looked like marble.

I hovered around the door, shifting my weight from side to side.

"Don't be shy," the man hummed, gesturing to the seat on the other side of the desk. "Take a seat, and we can talk."

Still keeping my eyes locked on the man, I skimmed across the floorboards and lowered myself into the seat.

So, this was the Headmaster, the one who knew all the secrets and answers to this outlandish academy. He held the key to St. Peter's.

"Let me introduce myself, first," the man began, his voice almost like a low purr. "I am Headmaster Vodovatov at St. Peter's Academy for the Gifted, named after one of the most miraculous men to grace this Earth."

"St. Peter the Apostle?" I inquired, finally finding my voice.

The man lightly chuckled. "No. Peter the Great of Russia."

Okay

"I understand you might have some questions," the Headmaster V continued. "I'll let you ask some of your own questions, but first I need to explain some things and make sure I understand some things. Do you follow?"

I mutely nodded.

"I'm certain you have been notified of this, but St. Peter's is a sanctuary for the supernatural- of all kinds. In our institution, you can find witches, demons, fairies, succubi and inccubi, and shifters. We are a very accepting community."