Chapter 4

Rebecca's POV

It's the next day after the trip to the park and I'm back home in Colorado. Sadly, Chris had to fly back to DC to the BSAA Headquarters for something important that came up.

I'm sitting at my kitchen table, going through the manilla envelope that had Leon and Skylar's marriage certificate in it, but a closer look at the date on it said they were married on June 1st, 1998. What the hell?! So, for 4 months, my brother and my best friend were secretly married and they didn't have the gumption to tell me. I am so pissed that I want to snap, but I'm not getting myself stressed out. It's damn sure going to be a long time until I can fully forgive Leon and Skylar.

I kinda wish that Chris and Piers were here, but their jobs come first before me. I told Chris that if anything were to arise where he needed to leave for his job, I'd be alright on my own. Something just tells me that I'm going to have someone stay with me sometime soon.

Going through the paperwork, I took another look at the marriage and just shook my head. It just doesn't seem real that this actually happened behind my back.

I also wonder if Leon would have told me what was going on, then everything would be fine. But no, he went behind my back and went and did this to me, knowing it would break my heart.

Could it also be possible that the couple in the park may have been Leon and Skylar, but in disguise? If it was them, let's just say I'm totally kicking my brother's ass when I get a hold of him.

Consider me highly and extremely pissed at both Leon and Skylar as of this moment. They are going to have to gain my trust back in order to be close to me again.

End of Rebecca's POV

-Leon's POV-

I knew that Rebecca would be pissed and I wouldn't blame her, I kept my entire relationship with Skylar a secret, I guess that I had my reasons for keeping it a secret in the way that I had from my own sister, who I guess probably hates me for not telling her the truth about my relationship with Skylar, I was gonna tell my sister when I was ready but then the whole Raccoon City incident happened and it wasn't the right time to blurt it out, now after all these years since then I think how things might of changed if I had only told my sister in the first place about Skylar.

I knew that once the army saved myself and Skylar, we were under protection of the Feds and yet it was all hush hush but now that I work for them, I knew that if I was to ever see my sister again, she'd probably slap me one and I wouldn't blame her for that, I look over towards Skylar as she's resting in the afternoon sun, I know how lucky I got to have Skylar in my life and I can't wait to meet our unborn baby in around six months, I admire how beautiful Skylar is and also how much I love her, she's the love of my life and I can't wait to hold our first baby, after everything I did while searching for Skylar in that secret underground lab, I was scared of losing her, I remember before we went into the main lobby of the PD, I made a promise to Skylar on that night and I've kept that promise ever since that night, I knew how much was going to be a risk to keep it a secret but I had to do it, I guess that once my sister discovers the whole truth, it would hurt her probably more than anything else.

I remember that Skylar told me who her birth father was and that he was the Chief Brian Irons, I was shocked but knowing that it was something Skylar disliked and I couldn't blame her for it and she'd discovered other pieces about her birth family, importantly what happened to her birth mom, I had no idea until Skylar told me, she needed me more than ever that night and as I promised Skylar that I would always be there for her, it made her smile and now after these years, I know that Skylar has come to terms with it all. I can only hope that my sister will forgive the whole secrecy but that time would be needed and I get that, honestly I do, all I want is for my sister to understand why she never knew about me and Skylar's relationship and our marriage as well.