Chapter 10: Childhood games. pt1

Hisoka smiled as he heard the sounds of snoring comming from living room. He cautiously walked back up the stairs to his window. He opened the old, dirty window and looked at the moon. Feeling the cool breaze hit his face and fill his stuffy empty room. He hopped out the window, landing on the roof. And without looking down, he jumped off the roof. The young 12 year old boy, luckily landed safely on the ground, on his feet. He straightend up and began running with a wide smile towards the forest. His friend, the one he met yesterday, he was hoping to see him again. Hisokas pink-ish red hair short and slightly scruffy as he ran to the woods. His pair of whitish-blue sweats slightly stained and ripped, along with his dirty, red tang-top. He didn't care, he had an old band-aid on the side of his cheek, from previous beatings. None of that mattered to him. He just wanted a chance to play with the boy he met yesterday, and hopefully catch his name, maybe even share some of the candy he stole from his father. The candy was Hisokas favorite. Bungee gum. He ran until he stopped at the last place he met the strange boy with wide, pretty, black eyes. He smiled as he sat in his usual spot in the low- tree set between the meadow and the small river. It was a small clearing.  The moon shinning brightly and fireflies played around the small wildflowers that had grown over time. Hisoka popped a peice of the stolen gum in his mouth and pulled out the only toy he had. Which were an old box of battered playing cards. Ones he got from an old man who lived down the street, the old man was very kind to Hisoka and would show him games or card tricks when he was forced to walk to the market for errands... before he passed away not 2 weeks ago. Hisoka sighed sitting and shuffling the old deck, soon about to loose hope of seeing his friend when he heard the rustling of trees and bushes, the young boy smiled brightly as the same boy from yesterday smiled back easily crossing the river with a hop. Hisoka smiled and extended a hand. "Hey again!! It's nice to see you! I never caught your name! I'm Hisoka!~♥️" Hisoka  responded with a bright smile.  The other 11 year old boy nodded and smiled taking 'Hisokas' hand. "I'm Illumi... I guess its nice to see you too." Illumi  responded, Illumi had long black hair, purple leggings and a crop-top with blue shiny needles decorating them.  Hisoka smiled and pulled out another peice of gum and offered it to Illumi.  Illumi stared at the candy before uttering a small thank-you and accepting the peice of candy. Hisoka smiled and looked at the meadow with happy and hopefull smile. "Wanna play a game?~♣️" he asked his eyes beaming with hope and contained excitement.  Illumi shrugged and nodded curiously. "What do you wanna play?" Illumi asked curiously. Hisoka got up putting the cards away in his pocket and leaped into the tall grass trying to grasp a firefly. He looked back at Illumi. "I bet I could catch more fireflies than you!!~♦️" Hisoka giggled as he began to get ready to pounce for another grab. Illumi giggled at the failed attempt and followed suit, running and jumping into the meadow reaching and grasping at the small glowing bugs. He smiled and chirped in excitement when he caught one. "I GOT ONE!! I GOT ONE!" Illumi shouted in excitement. Hisoka got up and quickly went to Illumis side. "Really?! Cool!! Lemme see!!~♦️" he said in curiousity. Illumi opened his hands slightly revealing the small insect. The firefly left the young assasins hands and flew into the dark star- filled sky. Hisoka gasped in awe. After a few more attempts of catching fireflies the two simmered down, giggling in the soft meadow. Illumi laid on his stomach playing with the flowers weaving them into a small flower crown.  Hisoka sat down besides him and braided Illumis hair, adding small flowers as he did so. The two simmerer down and Hisoka laid against the same tree, the peaceful sounds of running water calming the two boys. Illumi smiled and placed the violets, and jasmine flower crown in Hisokas hair. Hisoka blushed and giggled as he laid back looking at the night sky. Illumi was the first to speak up. "Hisoka?" He asked calmly. "Yea? Illumi?~♣️" Hisoka responded his gaze Still on the sparkling sky. "We're always gonna be friends... right? Forever?" Illumi asked with hope-filled eyes. Hisoka blushed and smiled widley at the shorter boy besides him. "Yea! Of course!!! We'll meet here everyday! And we'll play and train together! No matter what! Okay?~♥️" Hisoka chirped excitedly. Illumi smiled brightly and hugged his new friend. "Yay!" He responded.  Hisoka giggled and pet Illumis soft head. He then noticed how  late it was... the sun was soon rising. That's how  late they had stayed up playing. Illumi yawned and got up, taking a look at his friend. Hisoka had a sad face... Illumi took notice of how slim and bruised the older boy was. Questions bubbled up inside him before he reached out to help the. Other boy up. "Hey, Hisoka... it's alright.  You look scared. We'll meet here tomorrow, I promise. And we can have a picnic too! Okay?" Illumi said a smile crept to his lips. Hisokas expression changed to suprise,  his golden eyes shinning in excitment and hope. He nodded and grabbed the young assasins hand. "Yea... alright.~♦️" he said as they parted ways.  Illumi headed back to the river, crossing and vanishing into the woods. Hisoka raced through the meadow and into the woods. He couldn't stop for air, he was so excited but also afraid of the possiblility his father would catch him not inside and asleep as he should be. He climbed up the tree near his bedroom and snuck back through his window, into his bed. His smile  wide and tired.  He yawned letting sleep take over.

' Illumi... my new best friend~♥️' he thought as he fell asleep.

<i drew a picture of scene somewhat>