Chapter 3

A painfully slow week passed by.
In this whole week I barely had a few minutes to do things what I like and chill.
I was packing most of the day, making videos and eating.
I barely had few minutes for myself.

I felt my phone ringing in my pocket
I grabbed it and saw a name appearing on my screen

Darryl
837/028/179

Accept                 Decline

I smiled as I tapped on accept.

"Hey Zak! How is it going?"

"Uhh hi Darryl. I'm pretty tired all the time because I'm packing a lot and I barely have time for myself"

"What do you mean lil muffin? Wh  are you packing this early? We have like 7 weeks left"

"That's the problem, my mom called me a week ago and asked me to move out within 2 weeks, so now I have one more week to move out because they have 'plAnS' "
"I'm a bit worried because I had no time to tell you yet, so I'm really not sure if Cassandra allows me to move in earlier"

"Ohh poor little muffin, don't worry, she will be okay with it"
"By the way, I have a really small room, so if I start packing now, we can both move in, in a week"

I sighed in relief

"Wow Darryl, thank you so much, I really appreciate it dude"

"No problem little muffin, I started packing but I only packed a few things yet, so I need to get to packing now"

"Ok, thanks again, and I guess see you in a week then"

"Bye Zak"

"Bye Darryl"

He hung up.
I put my phone on my desk and I let myself fall on my bed as I was thinking about how good of a friend he is.
I stared at the white ceiling for a few minutes until fell asleep.

*6 days later*

I woke up early in the morning to the sound of the neighbours mowing the lawn.
My parents didn't come home since.
I know they're okay, because I messaged them yesterday and they told me they're okay.
I can't believe.
I'm meeting my best friend for the first time and moving in with him.
Also that girl will be there but I'm sure we will be good friends with her.

I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes.
I yawned and stretched my arms as I got out of the bed and started walking towards the bathroom.
I washed my hands and face with the cold water to make myself more awake.
After I was done, I wiped my hands and face in a towel and walked back in my room.

I proudly looked around as I admired my hard work I've been doing for almost two weeks.
I packed almost everything already, except my setup and a few piece of clothing what layed around in my room.
I looked at the fully packed suitcases next to my door and It felt good.
It made me feel my hard work was worth it.

I grabbed all my remaining clothes what layed around in my room and stuffed them in my empty backpack, making it half-full.
I only left a pink merch hoodie and a black jeans in my closet what I will wear tomorrow.

I decided that I'll go for a walk in the nearest park to clean my mind, because I had no time for myself for two weeks and I needed some fresh air anyway.

I grabbed my phone and keys, walked out of my room and walked to the entrance door.
I put on my shoes, and walked out of the house.
I closed the entrance door and put both my keys and phone in my hoodie pocket.

I started walking towards the park.
It was Tuesday and around 9am, so everyone was at school or work.
I barely saw anyone on the street, sometimes an old person walking home, but except them, I saw no one.

I started calming down as I breathed in the fresh air because months of worrying created a smaller amount of anxiety in me.
I arrived in the park and sat down on one of the benches next to a big tree.

I started thinking about my family.

Other people would be emotional because moving out from parents and stuff, but my parents barely had any time for me because of their company, so we didn't grow a very loving relationship.

Actually, I'm happy because Darryl was the one that always cared about me. Even though I trolled him a lot, he always forgave me and he always supported me when I needed some support.
He was the one that always cheered me up with his kindness and with his wonderful personality.

I sat on the bench for a few minutes, admiring the nature, then I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted Darryl

Skeppy
I can't wait to meet you tmr
Btw at what time we will meet?
What's the exact adress?

BadBoyHalo
I'm as excited as you muffin :D
The adress is: 14 Muffin Road
Can we meet there at 10 am?

Skeppy
Sure c ya

BadBoyHalo
Cya :D

I turned my phone off, shoved it back into my pocket, stood up and started walking home.
I spent the whole day recording videos and doing things that I really enjoy.
I really needed some time for myself.

I played, watched TV and did some other fun stuff until bedtime.
I usually don't have a bedtime, because my sleep schedule is unbelievably messed up, but today I decided that I'll go to sleep in a reasonable time, because tomorrow will be hard and long and I need the energy, I won't have time to be tired.

I will wake up at 8am so I can go at 9am to be there at 10 am.
Mom told me that they will be here before I go, to say goodbye to me.

I set my alarm to 8am, layed down on my bed and while thinking about tomorrow, I fell asleep.

Word count: 1017